Collector's Choice #4 Sandy!!

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Reaction score
Probably my favorite collectors choice model! That top is gorgeous. Is there a story attached to this guitar?

ask Tom Witrock, he owns the original! IIRC he got it from a musician in the 70''s or 80's and it's not going to be sold, ever. Heck if I had it I'd keep it as my player too.

joebonsai

Reaction score
Picture of Sandy I took in 2002 when I had the chance to check it out.
sandy2002.jpg

WOW!!!
............do you have more pictures???:hmm:

:hippie:

lexluthier

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
WOW!!!
............do you have more pictures???:hmm:

Yes, actually they are in another Sandy thread somewhere here. Tom posted them on the LPF a while back, he asked me if it was OK and I said sure. Hey, he was nice enough to let me play and take pix of his bursts, it was the least I could do. :)

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
They should make one the way it would be from the factory in the 50s
one in vos
one in lightly aged
one in how aged it is

alright, i'll have a go.

there aren't any extant pictures of how sandy looked as a newborn, so no "from the factory" burst. if there were pics showing the deep red, then they'd surely make a deep red version. no pics, no desperate fetish for a deep red sandy, is my theory.

The Duke

Reaction score
Anybody knows if this guitar will have a one piece rosewood fretboard or a laminated one?

Cheers.

joebonsai

Reaction score
Yes, actually they are in another Sandy thread somewhere here. Tom posted them on the LPF a while back, he asked me if it was OK and I said sure. Hey, he was nice enough to let me play and take pix of his bursts, it was the least I could do. :)

I know Tom is a VERY nice person
10 min after our first meeting and handshake:dude:

DSC00114.jpg

caps

Reaction score
Does anybody know, if "Sandy" will be Murphy aged ?

alex.p

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure not. 90% sure.

Dealer I spoke to when they starting taking orders said it would be aged in house, not by TM, something they're planning to do for the collectors choice and more special runs now they have a more dedicated in house team.

freebyrd 69

Reaction score
Dealer I spoke to when they starting taking orders said it would be aged in house, not by TM, something they're planning to do for the collectors choice and more special runs now they have a more dedicated in house team.

Yes...the other thing is that they went from announcement of what it was going to be to almost done very quickly. Tom is great, but isn't fast. They have to send the guitars to him and then he sends them back. With as fast as these appear to be coming, it seems to take him out of the equation.

alex.p

Reaction score
Yes...the other thing is that they went from announcement of what it was going to be to almost done very quickly. Tom is great, but isn't fast. They have to send the guitars to him and then he sends them back. With as fast as these appear to be coming, it seems to take him out of the equation.

Never though of that...good spot.

I have to admit, if they do meet their delivery targets of these guitars, given they were supposedly still getting Tom to ok the final guitar last month that's one quick turnaround.

60player

Banned
Reaction score

Yet thet carry a Tom Murphy price tag X2. :laugh2::cool::shock:

joebonsai

Reaction score
I asked Tom Wittrock
it's a 'house aging' and TM is involved!

godtop71

Reaction score
Waiting for "Sandy" to come to Sweden, she's gonna be mine :)

Latest Threads