Collapsing bridge....

BKS

Reaction score
unnamed.gif

Wel not that one but the one on my SG is in serious bad condition close to above :rofl:
Noticed lately the radius for the strings looked off... Just looked to straight. And yep the bridge looks like :lol:
Now the real question as i need a replacement what would be a good but not giga priced one? It is for my voodoo sg so black nashville should be it.
One problem i have is i looked at some but one loads of different ones, two price go from can't be any good cheap to wow that is way out of budget! The other problem... Many have a delivery time from around 6 weeks or more.... Have not looked at schaller site yet.

smk506

Reaction score
It’s hard to recommend anything being in different countries and all, but I will say that some of the cheap hardware that comes in at the ‘this has to be crap’ price point actually isn’t crap at all.

BKS

Reaction score
Well it has to fit a Gibson sg voodoo... So here is the culprit...
I have a black epiphone one from aliexpress but that will not fit :laugh2:
Got a gold and a nickel Gibson one i guess i could use, or better say i thought i could but at closer inspection those are abr not nashville. Also i prefer to put black back on as it Just looks great. Just want to know good replacement options.
DSC_4071_compress3.jpg

CerebralGasket

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Here in the US Allparts have a black Nashville for $55USD. They claim to have distribution world-wide. Don’t know much else, but you might check it out.

Reactions: BKS

Roxy13

Reaction score
Do you know the diameter of the posts? That's the biggie for finding a replacement bridge. Gibsons have used quite a few over the years and I don't know your model's off the top of my head.

But, you probably know I replace bridges all the time on my incoming MIJ projects, and yes, I've done it for Gibsons and other guitars too :)

If you have a set of calipers get a measurement on the post diameter and I'll try to remember to come back to this thread.

BKS

Reaction score
Do you know the diameter of the posts? That's the biggie for finding a replacement bridge. Gibsons have used quite a few over the years and I don't know your model's off the top of my head.

But, you probably know I replace bridges all the time on my incoming MIJ projects, and yes, I've done it for Gibsons and other guitars too :)

If you have a set of calipers get a measurement on the post diameter and I'll try to remember to come back to this thread.
This is the best i could do :rofl: :facepalm:
2021-09-18-20-46-36.jpg

First tried this...
2021-09-18-20-51-58.jpg

Hope that helps :rolleyes:;)

BKS

Reaction score
Found it at thomann but it says not for Gibson but Asian import.
So found a few options over there for now (i keep looking) pfff guess i need to sleep over it haha.... Schaller be okay?

Schaller GTM Bridge BC
TonePros NVR2 B Tune-O-Matic Bridge

Grover 521BC Guitar Bridge Black Chr.?
TonePros T3BP-B

JohnnyN

Just another old geezer
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found it at thomann but it says not for Gibson but Asian import.
So found a few options over there for now (i keep looking) pfff guess i need to sleep over it haha.... Schaller be okay?

Schaller GTM Bridge BC
TonePros NVR2 B Tune-O-Matic Bridge

Grover 521BC Guitar Bridge Black Chr.?
TonePros T3BP-B
I think this one will fit.
https://www.thomann.de/dk/schaller_gtm_bc.htm

Reactions: BKS

JohnnyN

Just another old geezer
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep that was the first i found there:thumb:
Might be the one to get.
It should be a direct replacement. The posts and bushings are in the kit, if needed.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Yep that was the first i found there:thumb:
Might be the one to get.
It doesn't matter whether it's Asian or US as long as the posts fit into the holes and having the correct radius saves a lot of work too. As for the post to post spacing I haven't found any difference on say MIJ that use ABR posts or Gibsons.

Just take a good look at anything that says made for Gibsons as it might use the vintage/Historic 6-32 bridge posts and your guitar does not.

Roxy13

Reaction score
What I'm seeing on the Schaller is 5mm posts so it might be kind of loose. And a 14" radius, which means a little bit of filing down the saddles.

Latest Threads