Colbert Late Show

mtgguitar

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the late night talk shows but I watched as much of Colbert's first late show as I could stand. His Colbert Report was good but the Late Show was just silly. George Clooney looked confused.

Fallon got bad reviews when he started out, maybe Colbert will adjust to the new format and succeed.

sk8rat

Reaction score
there are too many late shows to keep up with......conan, jimmy fallon, jimmy kimmel, carson daly, seth meyers and james corden (whoever that is) :shock:

pnuggett

Reaction score
Viewers are dropping like flies after the first show. I don't care for Colbert. Smart guy and can be funny at times but I don't think he's right for the show.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
everything I want to watch is online to be watched at my personal convenience.

the very idea of a Late Night Talk Show on the Television seems quaint and dated.

it sounds like a relic from the 80's. "late night talk shows?? They still do that??"

Johnny Carson? What? Didn't my Grandma stay up to watch that?

remember when Arsenio Hall was on tv and funny?

me neither.

THDNUT

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Craig Ferguson had a few funny moments when he had a show.

HenryHill

Reaction score
everything I want to watch is online to be watched at my personal convenience.

the very idea of a Late Night Talk Show on the Television seems quaint and dated.

it sounds like a relic from the 80's. "late night talk shows?? They still do that??"

Johnny Carson? What? Didn't my Grandma stay up to watch that?

remember when Arsenio Hall was on tv and funny?

me neither.

Ummm, 50's.

mtgguitar

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched it on my PC. I've laughed harder at some of the posts in the Backstage.:)

IMO, the James Corden show is funny. He is energetic, has a unique format and he is quick witted. He brings out all three guests at the same time and keeps it interesting. On one show he had Zac Efron, Bill Hader & Ben Kingsley and it was good. Sir Ben relaxed around the youngsters and the giggles flowed.

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
I don't expect Colbert to make the transition to the "mainstream" 11:30 network time slot any more successfully than Letterman (who didn't). Quirky, oddball niche-market humor doesn't translate to the Carson/Leno audience (just ask Conan).

cme2n

Reaction score
The Colbert Report was one of the most well written satires of the last decade.

I've been a fan of Colbert for quite a while so I watched last night. It was rough and I only made it through about 20 minutes before turning it off. You could tell he was holding back his Colbert Report character so much it made it uncomfortable to watch.

I hate to say it but I bet he doesn't last six months.

I get why he took the job but the Colbert Report was great television and he could get away with just about anything on Comedy Central. He has to already have insane money so I can't imagine this was a monetary decision. I understand that just about anybody would take the gig if offered but it doesn't suite him well at all.

They need to quickly figure something out.

kevinpaul

Reaction score
I never cared for that man, I am not a fan of Fallon either. The other Jimmy is fair. I saw the end of Colbert's first show. The people for the music thing were some greats but he had to join in and mess it up. The TV is on all friggen day and I am working at my desk. I do my best to avoid it.

Pop1655

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually felt sorry for him.
I like him.
I have to rate it "epic fail" from start to finish.

FUS44

Reaction score
I just don't think the joke he thinks he is in on, is funny.

rxbandit

Reaction score
Colbert is fantastic, what are yall smoking? (or not smoking..)

Latest Threads