Cobra Kai Season 3 Now on.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
I like that they can step outside of the standard BS that TV shows are always locked in to. Johnny can give an underage Miguel a beer at the Dee Snyder concert and it doesn't automatically turn in to some morality play about drinking. It's just a little narrative detail that fits his character. Everyone is morally ambiguous, like real people. The "good" people screw up now and then, and the "bad" people rise up from time to time. It rises above schlock on that basis alone.
I like how they sometimes showed things from Johnny’s perspective that Daniel was being an asshole.
I hate to say it this way but, I like the show because it has a lot of heart. The Johnny Lawrence character is definitely my favorite. I’ve met guys like him in the martial arts and find him at times hilarious, and then feel for him as he struggles to make something of himself.

Roman4405

Reaction score
My favorite scenes are the ones where Johnny and Daniel are just hanging out. I love how there’s really no bad guys, other than Kreese, and they even make you almost feel for him at some point, or at least give you some kind of understanding as to why he’s so fucked up.

Jeremiah

The Worst
Reaction score
I was pissed Aisha wasn’t in this season, she was my favorite kid. They said since she would have been a voice of reason and they wanted things to escalate, she didn’t have a place this go round.
Totally agree that Ali was presented as a moral dilemma for Johnny, would love to have seen how it went if Daniel’s wife hadn’t tattled.
Cool to get some Kreese backstory and can’t wait to see Terry Silver in season 4. Would be interesting to see a reformed Mike Barnes side with Johnny and Daniel if they went that route.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The show had me as soon as Johnny painted a big dick on the billboard, right in Daniel's face.

Kamen_Kaiju

Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I like how the show illustrates that everyone is the hero of their own story.

Johnny's character makes you completely change the way you view the movies, and yeah, Daniel was kind of an asshole at times.

rockstar232007

Reaction score

Johnny's character makes you completely change the way you view the movies, and yeah, Daniel was kind of an asshole at times.
Agreed.

I just rewatched The Karate Kid for the first time in like 20 years, and at the end, even AFTER the kick to the face, Johnny personally hands the trophy to Daniel and says "YOU'RE ALRIGHT, LARUSSO!".

That should have been the end of the rivalry, but no, Daniel had to be a complete dick about it, lol.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
I have to give credit to the makers of the show for finding little hooks in the original story and characters to make the show have history. Tommy, Jimmy and Bobby could have been throw away fan-service, but the writers found little things about them in the original movies and made them into adults that are guides for Johnny and actually add to the story.
Even Dutch and his absence was addressed but still leaving open the chance that he could come back.

Bobby’s dilemma.

Last edited:

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score

I’m still in S1, and totally had my view of the original movie changed.
None of that was really Johnny’s fault.
In what world is it to move in on someone’s girl?
Danny deserved it.

Latest Threads