CNC Sale

w666

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. I'm thinking about it now too. Seems like cheap tuition to get my CNC chops together.

pshupe

Premium Member
Reaction score
Is this real? Seems fake to me. That price falls within the too good to be true by quite a margin. The reason it jumps to $235 dollars is that it shows the price in New Zealand Dollars at the end. Free delivery included for $200? It would cost about that for delivery alone. I'd love for someone to try and buy it and give some feedback.

Let me know how this works out but I will not be giving my credit card info.

Regards Peter.

Edit - the spindle alone is worth $150.
Capture.JPG

Last edited:

fretman_2

Reaction score
It is too cheap for a 6040. Who ever posted the sale price must've made an error.

pshupe

Premium Member
Reaction score
I would say it is on purpose but motives may be sketchy. At the very least it will be a e-mail address, physical address phishing scheme. It also could be credit card fraud scheme. I noticed they do not take PayPal. Anyone wanna take a chance???

Regards Peter.

fretman_2

Reaction score
That'd be terrible to loose your money that way!

I would say it is on purpose but motives may be sketchy. At the very least it will be a e-mail address, physical address phishing scheme. It also could be credit card fraud scheme. I noticed they do not take PayPal. Anyone wanna take a chance???

Regards Peter.

Skyjerk

Meatbomb
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol.

Was $1613.00, but reduced to $172.00

What a believable deal!

bluesriffdev

Reaction score
Read this: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2675404

They've even tried to make it believable by still having all their other equipment really high priced. It's obviously too good to be true but on the flipside, I highly doubt someone would go to the effort of getting an SSL certificate (https), a proper site and setting up a Facebook account that has 500,000 followers (https://www.facebook.com/BUILDATORY/?hc_ref=ARTfcq0qNxPFh8nD6WKdZI_JLF-Gc9lZ6xXoGhx9up1Lr7L4r9AipbxQ1ARfyngJC7Q&fref=nf) just to do this. It's all a bit... odd...

Skyjerk

Meatbomb
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol.

Was $1613.00, but reduced to $172.00

What a believable deal!
Maybe its a typo...

Perhaps it was meant to be listed as $1072.00 and they left a zero out...

Tone_Chaser

Reaction score
Couldn't really find any reviews of the website, good or bad.

charisjapan

Reaction score
Accessed from Japan today, the site quotes a sale price of :
  • Sale Price ¥18,222.88 JPY
  • Regular price ¥170,597.17 JPY
Or, at today's exchange rate of $1 = ¥107.03
  • Sale Price $170.26USD
  • Regular price $1,593.92
I did not try to buy it ...

:cheers2:

pshupe

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm still trying to figure out the scam. You'd think it'd get shut down pretty quick if it was just a fraud scenario stealing from credit cards. I have had fraud on my cards before and as long as you are adamant you did not make the purchase the whole amount is refunded and they turn it over to their fraud department.

They may use the money for something in a short term way and refund upon investigation by the credit card companies, which could take months?? I do not think it is an accident in anyway as it shows reasonably priced items to illustrate that it's such a deal. It's seems to default to NZ dollars upon checkout, so possibly some sort of loop hole on the NZ side would stall the refund? Complete speculation here though. Actually the regular price is not that bad for free shipping!

Cheers Peter.

CheopisIV

Copper Slinger
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
I highly doubt someone would go to the effort of getting an SSL certificate (https), a proper site and setting up a Facebook account that has 500,000 followers (https://www.facebook.com/BUILDATORY/?hc_ref=ARTfcq0qNxPFh8nD6WKdZI_JLF-Gc9lZ6xXoGhx9up1Lr7L4r9AipbxQ1ARfyngJC7Q&fref=nf) just to do this. It's all a bit... odd...
I build websites in my spare time but used to hand code some pretty intense sites for big clients a few years back. It used to be a LOT of work until the modern Wordpress, Shopify, Wix etc came into existence.

It's a Shopify site so if they build one, they can build another in under an hour if this one gets shut down. They can likely export the entire site including all images and data and import it for a nearly instant clone under a new domain. I can do that with a $60 plugin in Wordpress.

Not sure how they're managing the domain, but most host companies include a Free SSL certificate that can be transferred easy enough between domains on one account. You can manage a domain independently of any other system like Shopify and just link the site by clicking a few buttons.

That Facebook page also looks pretty sketchy; all posts are just videos and the comments are pretty much only individuals tagging others with minimal comments. The Social Media links all go to one place and they're different than the other Facebook page...

I was watching a W5 or 20/20 episode where they were showing a warehouse in China...within the warehouse was about 1000 computers in rows and people were paid to go in and click Facebook likes, become Twitter followers, hit the 'pay per click' ads and create accounts on pages. Anybody could walk in at random and do some 'work' for any length of time and the place was packed (mostly students). It's a lot of legwork to build legit Social Media but it's really easy to cheat in short order these days and these Warehouse operations are huge business.

A website like this is focusing on that one product and banking on getting your info rather than making any kind of profit on the single purchase. They get your info and process this purchase as you'd expect, but then sneak in any number of microtransactions under different aliases that people may or may not notice as they seem legit... maybe it'll be a purchase from a Gas station for $20 or a convenience store for $5.76... most people don't remember or ignore those things on a Credit Card statement and those purchases can come up months later when you think this bad purchase issue is resolved. Process 1000 different microtransactions on 1000 different cards and get away with 70% = pretty good haul. If they get too much flak, they refund the one purchase for your CNC machine but still have your info to sell to others or attempt to use at a future date. No different than the phone phishing scams preying on people's fears and lack of knowledge in some areas.

I still have Microsoft calling me about some problems on my computer that only they can fix over the internet if I give them my passwords and credit card info... Revenue Canada is also calling me from Ohio with an automated message that Officer Heslip is looking for me and has a warrant for my arrest.

pshupe

Premium Member
Reaction score
This was exactly my thoughts but didn't think of the "micro" transactions. Who even looks at each and every transaction on their CC these days. Thanks CheopisIV for the insight. I got a call yesterday about fraud on my VISA card and they wanted my number to confirm. I said you read me the number and I'll check it and they promptly hung up.

Cheers Peter.

Tweaker

Reaction score
I have a lot of experience with this type of machine. Straight out of China, which isn't all bad, but the controller WILL NOT move your machine 4000mm/min. You'll be lucky if it moves 500mm/min without stalling. You can find these on eBay all day long.

"Includes WindowsXP/7" is completely useless unless they are also including Mach3. It would appear they do not.

So, this, in addition to the scam info above...I don't even want to go back and spend any more time on that site!

Latest Threads