Closest Peter Green LP

Zoso#1

Reaction score
I'm on the search for the closest Gibson Peter Green, the collectors choice goes abit high so is there an R9 or reissue that would be close or would a Replica be best option?

Clint

Reaction score

goldtop0

Reaction score
I'm picking a 'replica' would cost you too much anyway.........can't offer any help as such.........but you will be looking for one with a fat neck I hope as per the original.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Id be happy With a nice solid Gibson Lemonburst lp that looked like Greeny and sounded good for any price id be over the moon :D Greeny is a legendary guitar owned and played by legends...

goldtop0

Reaction score
What about Frank Pine's PG Makeover / Replica project?

Maybe Frank will part with it?? :p

@pinefd

:cheers2:

Hi Rudi, hope it's all okay for you over there.........I'm getting bored as all hell at the mo.
Is there info on Frank's PG replica on here? I'd like to have a squizz.

RAG7890

Reaction score
Hi Rudi, hope it's all okay for you over there.........I'm getting bored as all hell at the mo.
Is there info on Frank's PG replica on here? I'd like to have a squizz.
Hi Steve, thanks, so far all good mate. Hope you guys are well but yeah I can understand the boredom.

I did a search for Frank's PG Replica a few days ago but couldn't find anything. I know there is a Thread with quite a few pics of it so I'll see what I can find.

Frank, time to pony up sunshine...................all the guys would like to see pics again. :)

@pinefd

Hope everyone has a good, safe Easter break.

Cheers, Rudi

goldtop0

Reaction score
Thanks Dan and Rudi.................now that is something else isn't it:cool: just too good!!
So I read the LPF thread through c/o Mark and it's stated that the neck is more comfy than the original...........I like fat necks, in fact I like fat necks so much that I trust this terrific Dave Johnson LP doesn't go too far away from fat:laugh2:
Either Frank's gonna pick up on this or not.........may have to PM him which is not a bad idea given the circumstances in the world right now.

pinefd

V.I.P. Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hey, guys, I'm still here and still alive and kicking (for now, at least). I just haven't had much time to hang out around here as much lately.

My guitar is actually back in Dave Johnson's hands having some re-work done to it. He's had it for quite some time, and if you know Dave, that's not at all unusual. I have no idea when I'll see it again.

As to the OP's comment that "the collectors choice goes a bit high", it sounds like he's looking for a lower priced alternative. Well, even if mine WERE for sale, it certainly wouldn't be a lower cost alternative to a collectors choice.

Regarding the neck on the guitar, it did start life as an R8, so it does have somewhat of a beefy neck. But from what I understand from people who have played both mine and the original, that the original neck is a baseball bat in comparison to mine, and that mine is more comfortable to play.

Frank

pinefd

V.I.P. Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
And here are a few more pics of it. If you click on the images, you should be able to see larger versions.

Here are a couple of shots of my guitar with a display that I copied from when the original was making the show circuit several years ago:

Frank

pinefd

V.I.P. Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That's a beauty, Matt!

Frank

Erodr133

Reaction score
I would hit up Steve Hague. He made the closest Greeny replica I've ever seen. Also, his prices are much lower then Collectors Choice LPs

lpfan1980

Reaction score
And here are a few more pics of it. If you click on the images, you should be able to see larger versions.

Here are a couple of shots of my guitar with a display that I copied from when the original was making the show circuit several years ago:

Frank :cheers:

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Greenie1_large.jpg
:cheers::cheers::cheers::slash::slash:
The best version of Greeny A real guitar hero ! 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard # 9 2208
Greenie1_large.jpg

Latest Threads