Cleaning up the muddy tone in my Les Paul Supreme? [SOLVED]

ErictheRed

Reaction score
Thank you so much for this information. It seems obvious now but I was totally unaware. I have set up all my LP’s this way now and what a difference!! I did a basic set up in the way that you mentioned then I tweaked each pole piece a fraction to fine balance them. Wished I’d know years ago. Fab
We should maybe see if the mods can make a sticky post, honestly it was only pretty recently that I realized that most people don't know this, even most "guitar techs"--which is basically a meaningless phrase because you don't need any kind of education to work at a music shop and set up guitars.

Of course it's all personal preference, and some people like the fact that Strats have such a loud G-string because of the staggered pole pieces having been designed for a wound G back in the 50s, for instance. But people should at least be aware.

rfrizz

Reaction score
Never understood the whole pointlessly gendered guitar thing, I never seen the guitar as a masculine exclusive instrument :rofl: sure it's mostly guys who play it but look at people like Yvette Young.
That's not the point.

Daisy Rock guitars are lighter and the necks are thinner -- and sometimes shorter -- than most guitars so that they are easier for most girls/women to play. The mission of the founder was to get more girls to take up guitar and have a guitar designed to their needs. The girls who learn to play often turn into women who play.

Last edited:

TriSarahPloop

Reaction score
That's not the point.

Daisy Rock guitars are lighter and the necks are thinner -- and sometimes shorter -- than most guitars so that they are easier for most girls/women to play. The mission of the founder was to get more girls to take up guitar and have a guitar designed to their needs. The girls who learn to play often turn into women who play.
I had read into the original idea a while back and I have played a few Daisy Rock guitars that are decent enough guitars. I feel there is plenty of great light weight guitars that also fill the same need needs, the two that jump to mind straight away are the Mustang & SG.

I love the idea of more female guitarists heck I am one :shock: but I know a good few other women who play and I don’t think any of them started on anything like a Daisy Rock guitar. In saying that I am being kind of unfair. I started guitar as I already had a love for music because of my dad and a flower shaped guitar didn’t appeal to me however if I wasn’t into music alreadyI’m sure young me would have been pretty drawn to the sparkly pink guitar!! So if these designs gets even a handful of younger girls into playing then it’s a good thing in the end of the day.

rfrizz

Reaction score
I'd love to RAWK the shit outta one of these.
The Hello Kitty Strats were $150-$200 new in 2005-2006. They are cute guitars, but I wish I had one of these basses:
Badtz-Maru-Bass.jpeg

Coolest Bronco EVAR!

They went for the same $150-$200 as the Hello Kitty Strats in 2005-2006 but now a Badtz-Maru bass goes for double to triple that, and that will not include shipping. Because of my tiny-ass hands, I love short-scale basses. I kick myself for not getting this sooper cool bass!

The Hello Kitty Strats also came in both pink and black. The black ones fetch around $500, but the pink ones go for $700 and up if in excellent condition.

Latest Threads