Clean boost with a slight touch of gain?

none2low

Reaction score
Fender Engager Boost. Up to 20dB of gain - 3 band EQ - Switchable mid filter. True bypass or buffered.

Great for giving the front end a little something extra.

Stinky Kitty

Reaction score
That is not a boost pedal. It is amazing, but not a boost. Also almost unattainable for most people, due to the long wait and high second hand prices.
(This is all from a guy who jumped the line and bought second hand for $500 and would do it again without hesitation)
I've used mine as a clean boost. Just takes a bit of tweaking.

"2) CLEAN mode : This mode has less drive, can be used for clean boosts or clearer, louder sounds. It's like a clean boost with an overdrive knob. CLEAN MODE is even less compressed than the standard OD mode. The factory DIP switch setting uses this mode on the left (yellow) channel. This mode can get twice as loud as the OD mode. You can think of the clean mode as the OD mode with the overdrive removed, allowing louder, clearer tone. But the drive knob still functions and can add some drive to the sound, and volume as it's turned up. It's a cool sound with the drive knob cranked! This mode has NO CLIPPING, like most boost pedals."

Last edited:

My Les Paul Classifieds