Classic or Faded?

plecoman

Reaction score
496/500 are harsh, aggressive, and powerful. They ARE good pickups man! Just not the vintage LP vibe! If you want that use Burstbuckers 1,2,3, or even better use 57 classic.

Faded Standards are nice, but look WEIRD! The burst on them are apprently hand painted on, so are uneven. the ONly nice ones are HONEYBURST ones, like the one above.

I'd still go for the CLassics anyday... Unless an insane looking Honeyburst faded pops up.

nemo87

Reaction score
32501.jpg

32512.jpg

Mmmm..! :D

ArchEtech

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have Zebrawood, they really play well, feel good in the hands, and sound great with BB's.

plecoman

Reaction score
I have Zebrawood, they really play well, feel good in the hands, and sound great with BB's.

Yes thats right! I still can't find a nice looking one though... ALot of ugly ones around, dark uneven grain etc....

ArchEtech

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
They are all over ebay. Buy one from Brians Bizzar guitars. I've bought two guitars from him. They go for about 1200 unplayed on ebay, which is hard to believe. He will send you pictures of the actually guitar if you ask, since he uses stock photo's, but yes for sure make sure you get pictures of the actual guitar you're getting, some of them are TERRIBLE and look like plywood.

plecoman

Reaction score
They are all over ebay. Buy one from Brians Bizzar guitars. I've bought two guitars from him. They go for about 1200 unplayed on ebay, which is hard to believe. He will send you pictures of the actually guitar if you ask, since he uses stock photo's, but yes for sure make sure you get pictures of the actual guitar you're getting, some of them are TERRIBLE and look like plywood.

I did ask him 2-3 times to send me pics of actual guitar... He just ignored me, so I was NOT impressed with him at all.

Schtang

Reaction score
Go the Classic. I love the pickups as I own a couple of different Les PAuls. It is nice that the Classic has a nice modern high powered tone as opposed to the more vintage tone of my standard and my P-90 les PAul.

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I say go for the classic... Some gripe about the greenish inlays, however thats mainly because they look greener in photographs than in real life.. I have an 03 classic and love it, its a monster tone machine! and when you think about it, a classic is more or less a standard with hotter pups... some may argue, but id dare to say the necks and bodys come from the same crop lol , it was between a standard and a classic when i chose mine, i found my classic on ebay, an awesome looking 10.3 lb with 99.8 life left in the frets and almost mint condition, that sold it for me... i wanted a nice looking, good condition, heavy lp.... lol, plus i play alot of hard rock and screamin blues... so the hot pups work well for me :)

Seymour Duncans

Reaction score
Well, that classic looks seriously neat, looks classic, but not in the inside! I think i'm going to be buying that classic. I was thinking about a plain ol' standard 60's neck, or should I get the classic?

Richard89

Reaction score
I have a 50's neck on mine. The 60's neck seems to be more common, but I prefer the 50's neck. Before I had tried it, I thought it would be more fat. It took me a while to get used with the 50's neck, but now I love it.

Seymour Duncans

Reaction score
cool, I think i'm going to go with a classic, either wine red or heritage cherry.

Richard89

Reaction score
Good luck, hope you will find a LP you like. :)

yeah, wine red classics are really cool, well there aren't many LP's that aren't cool... You can't go wrong with a Les Paul:slash:

LongBeach

Reaction score
I love my classic, the 496 & 500 rip if you ask me.
But I agree with other comments on this thread, those
particular pups are hot, and there suppose to be.
I have a studio 490 & 496 & a standard - 57 classics (new, give me a couple months) all thave there place.

But I like the classic with the amp cranked up the best.

enjoy whatever you get!

LongBeach

Reaction score
I love my classic, the 496 & 500 rip if you ask me.
But I agree with other comments on this thread, those
particular pups are hot, and there suppose to be.
I have a studio 490 & (498- oops-jotted down 496 on accident) & a standard - 57 classics (new, give me a couple months) all thave there place.

But I like the classic with the amp cranked up the best.

enjoy whatever you get!

mis wrote the wrong pick-up, my bad.

juca

Reaction score
I prefer the finish on the Classic opposed to the faded.
I've seen the heritage cherry finish on faded & studio's
that were really low-quality jobs.

But hey dude, you get what you like.
Sling-em, see which one feels best for you!

Does this one seems like a low quality job for you?
:slash:

DSCF2271.jpg

Seymour Duncans

Reaction score
Hi juca2929, I've subscribed to your youtube! I'm hometownguitar, thats a nice top you have on that faded, but I still think i'm going to go with a classic, I do love those faded LP'S though ;)

Latest Threads