Classic or Faded?

Seymour Duncans

Reaction score
Hi, i'm in a dilemma, which one should I get? Classic heritage cherry, or faded 60's heritage cherry.

Simply, which one would you go for? I love them both!

LongBeach

Reaction score
I prefer the finish on the Classic opposed to the faded.
I've seen the heritage cherry finish on faded & studio's
that were really low-quality jobs.

But hey dude, you get what you like.
Sling-em, see which one feels best for you!

Richard89

Reaction score
I have a faded and it's a fantastic guitar. I haven't tried many classics, but I really prefer the faded. I love the faded's finish and neck.
Go for a standard faded:thumb:

scozz

Reaction score
IMO,,,,,,,,,,,,,,neither,,,I'm not a fan of the 496r/500t pickup combo in the LP Classic. Also, I don't like the faded finishes, a bit too fragile and dull for my liking. I prefer the regular finish LPs. If you're trying to stay within a budget, how about a used Standard? You can still find some good deals for around $1500 to $1800. Just my 2 cents.

Richard89

Reaction score
The LP studios are also great guitars. I don't think you can go wrong with any Gibson LP, just try them out and see which one you like best.

Seymour Duncans

Reaction score
Yeah I guess so, I know if I got the classic, I would eventually change the pickups.

61LPSG

Reaction score
Yeah I guess so, I know if I got the classic, I would eventually change the pickups.
:wave:Welcome:wave:
I just played two classics in the past week, and didn't like the pick ups or the yellow inlays, but both were great players, and I actually preferred the faded cherry.Just my opinion. I was really surprised that they sounded so nice considering how light they were. I'd take one.

Seymour Duncans

Reaction score
I don't not care for the 496/500 it's just, many people have changed them for example, vintage 59's

LoKi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I dunno.. Classics are great guitars but the green inlays make me sick.

Faded's are great. Basically a Les Paul Standard with a neat finish.

I personally would go the used route. There are some great gems out there for sale.

Seymour Duncans

Reaction score
I love the green inlays, I think it gives it a vintage look. I do like the faded, great sustain, but I really am stuck at the moment.

Richard89

Reaction score
The image quality isn't very good, but here's is my faded heritage cherry. I have just ordered a pickguard for it.

DSC00004.JPG

I can post more pics of it later if you want

Seymour Duncans

Reaction score
Now that is nice, would you consider that to be a nice top? Do they all pretty much look like that? Or do they differ a lot? and more pics would be nice :)

jimmydeuce

Reaction score
I like Classics except for the 60's neck. As far as pickups go I pretty much change them out of any guitar I buy. I've got a Faded with 50's neck. The BB Pros were not bad in it but I put in a set of WB's because I was looking for a certain tone out of this one.

I really like the finish on the Faded's. I did polish mine a little to bring the flame out more. Both are good guitars but my vote goes for the Faded. My Faded get as much palying time as my Historics. Loki is right about looking for a used one also. Here's my Honeyburst.

DSC00266.jpg

Richard89

Reaction score
Now that is nice, would you consider that to be a nice top? Do they all pretty much look like that? Or do they differ a lot? and more pics would be nice
Well, its not the nicest top i have seen, but i have seen worse. They differ a lot. But it looks much better in reality:)