CIGARS (FKA Repairing a broken cigar)

mtgguitar

Reaction score
I bought 6 Olivia cigars the other day and I managed to crack the wrapper of the first one I fired up. There are several ways to patch one but I settled on a package of wrapper-leaf tobacco and some weak glue. I cut a patch from the leaf and mixed a tiny amount fo pectin with water and stuck it on the stogie. It worked but it looked like a battlefield dressing.

The package of leaf was my second choice, I wanted a pack of hollow wrappers or blunts. Wrapping papers can also be used. I'm going to look for other types of adhesives to use that are edible, weak and tasteless.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I often split my cigars, will remember this. One cigar lasts me for 3 or 4 band practices or one gig. Gig time I go out to my car and Power-smoke a Partagas or a Nub.......I hit the stage, my throat is shredded and I'm seeing purple spots, I like cigars.

James R

Reaction score
I’ve cut the glue strip off of rolling papers and used that to patch holes or splits, takes about ten seconds and works like a charm for me.
I don’t smoke cigars or cigarettes anymore, but I’ve used this method countless time, always with great success.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I’ve cut the glue strip off of rolling papers and used that to patch holes or splits, takes about ten seconds and works like a charm for me.
I don’t smoke cigars or cigarettes anymore, but I’ve used this method countless time, always with great success.
J I will buy some wraps,nobody believes I'm not toking hourly,pull out my Rizzlas and fix my cigar then say "na na na na ."

Last edited:

cjpeck

Reaction score

one other option, simple agar.

I've known cats to use a little paste whipped up with a vegetable starch and a few drops of water. Probably the simplest and easiest since most folks keep a tin of corn starch in the pantry anyways.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Dang, now I want a cigar, should I break my strict only on music day rule? Next jam is 8/17.....maybe I'll just do some breathing exercises-same effect.

pnuggett

Reaction score
How about fleshing out your post with some meaningfull 'splaining. :thumb:
I used to use pectin mixed with water to fix cigars that would unravel. Read somewhere recently that milk works and doesn't have any flavor when dried. I've tried it a few times now with good results. I just apply it with my finger that's been dipped in milk.

NRBQ

Reaction score
I can help: First of all you'll need a 60 foot crane, then a crew about about 20, it'll involve a complex set of pulley's and trusses, and once you've excavated an area no less than 16x16 that is 30' deep you can begin the job. This is where the arc welders and steel workers come in to play. Of course you'll need a licence from the federal govt to get started, but they only cost a couple grand so no big deal there. Finally you'll need a belly dancer, a monkey, and a lard ass, sorry I mean a hard hat to keep you safe from falling debris. Good luck, piece of cake.

Last edited:

mtgguitar

Reaction score
I often split my cigars, will remember this. One cigar lasts me for 3 or 4 band practices or one gig. Gig time I go out to my car and Power-smoke a Partagas or a Nub.......I hit the stage, my throat is shredded and I'm seeing purple spots, I like cigars.
Tobacco is potent. When I opened the pack of leaf and smelled it, I broke out in a sweat after one whiff.

In the 1600s colonists smoked the rolled up leaves and got drunk on it. I don't know how they did it without puking their guts up.

WIKI: "The tobacco smoke enema was the principal medical method to resuscitate victims of drowning in the 18th century."

SGeoff

Reaction score
:cool2:< not tobacco, but will make you feel better about having shredded your 7 dollar stoagie:fingersx:

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Tobacco is potent. When I opened the pack of leaf and smelled it, I broke out in a sweat after one whiff.

In the 1600s colonists smoked the rolled up leaves and got drunk on it. I don't know how they did it without puking their guts up.

WIKI: "The tobacco smoke enema was the principal medical method to resuscitate victims of drowning in the 18th century."
m, I tell you this< I can induce LSD flashbacks with my cigar, my band does drugs+drink, they still are not half as high as I am from one cigar. I used to get nauseous, no more, I huff and puff....then....you know.

cjpeck

Reaction score
Dang, now I want a cigar, should I break my strict only on music day rule? Next jam is 8/17.....maybe I'll just do some breathing exercises-same effect.
" Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.