Cigar smokers?

Crotch

Triggered
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jonathan Drew (Drew Estate/Acid Cigars) comes to do Cigar shows at 2 of our major Cig retailers usually once a year. Tenuta's Italian Deli, and Andrea's Gift Shop. 2 of the oldest businesses in Kenosha, WI. Along with my family's clothing store.

LSAR

Reaction score
Caboose cigar lounge is classy as hell.

CAO or a Don Thomas of some description are the go to for me as they're inexpensive and usually available here. I'll usually keep some Guantanamera Mini's around for a quick lunch smoke at work as well. I haven't been smoking much if at all the last couple of months but I have a CAO Brazilia Gol and a CAO Flathead Camshaft around. I'll probably burn one of those tonight.

FWIW, I don't find there to be much special or different about Cuban cigars over any other country. I smoke them when I'm there, but I can't really justify the price for a regular smoke at home nor would I feel that it's worth doing so. IME often the quality is less than consistent compared to many more affordable options, and I've also seen lots of mold issues the last while which isn't really something I'm a fan of (that's been with local stock at chain smoke shops, may be an issue on their side of things). I'll still have them a couple times a year though for sure, around holidays or whenever I buy rum (usually I'm not a rum guy, but when I get rum I go for Cuban). I've never bothered much with bringing them back when I'm down there but I think next time I go that'll change, and I'm definitely making a point to tour one of the factories.

multi-useless

Reaction score
What's up my brother.
I was around the 'Dome for a bit back when it was on GroupMe and for a short stint when it moved to Discord.
I was talking about Holy Smokes though. Hangin' with Preach and them boys.
I'm on BOTL too but, don't post there much. Started on Puff but, got booted from there about the same time Joe and Ty and everybody did.
As I've been called a godless heathen before, I'm not sure I'd fit in at a place called Holy Smokes, lol... but Preach is a great guy, tell him I said hi!
Never did do much with Puff, but still on BOTL... it kinda died down a while back, so some of the guys started a forum called Society of Smoke - it's like BOTL, but without rules. Wonderful place, and we have a Golf Clash team

multi-useless

Reaction score
I gotta say this Acid is the first cigar I smoked down to where it was burning my lips...I REALLY enjoyed it. I gotta get a bigger humidor so I can buy some boxes.
Instead of a humidor, may I suggest tupperware, or a cooler? They're not fancy, but they work better IMO, and they're cheap... I used to use several humidors and got tired of A) spending more than necessary every time my collection got bigger, and B) changing out the Bovedas every month or so. Now I'm at several coolers and tuppers but only 1 wooden humidor, hoping to retire it soon...

Last edited:

Matt_21

Reaction score
As I've been called a godless heathen before, I'm not sure I'd fit in at a place called Holy Smokes, lol... but Preach is a great guy, tell him I said hi!
Never did do much with Puff, but still on BOTL... it kinda died down a while back, so some of the guys started a forum called Society of Smoke - it's like BOTL, but without rules. Wonderful place, and we have a Golf Clash team
Yeah Botl is pretty quiet for sure. I signed up at SoS when I signed up at botl but havent been sincr.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Instead of a humidor, may I suggest tupperware, or a cooler? They're not fancy, but they work better IMO, and they're cheap... I used to use several humidors and got tired of A) spending more than necessary every time my collection got bigger, and B) changing out the Bovedas every month or so. Now I'm at several coolers and tuppers but only 1 wooden humidor, hoping to retire it soon...
Do you humidify them the same way?

multi-useless

Reaction score
Do you humidify them the same way?
Yes, but I wouldn’t be comfortable doing so if I wasn’t using a humidification system that can either release or absorb humidity as necessary -

@multi-useless do you just use the humidifiers like a regular humidor?
I like Bovedas specifically, but yeah - just toss them in and let them do their thing. Benefits of Bovedas include absorbing excess humidity when necessary, and they can be recharged by storing in a closed tupper with a cup of distilled water (just try not to let them get completely bone dry)

I also assume for box storage since there are no cedar shelves?
For the most part yes, although I have no problem storing singles in a tupper or cooler - some guys buy cedar trays, I think cedar is overrated, all a matter of personal preference.
I’ll get a couple pics of my setup for reference

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I bought a straight cut....not the low end about 25 bucks.... meh....it's nicer.than the $2 ones but does not cut enough. Sometimes I have to cut 2x. I have never used a V cut...

Matt_21

Reaction score
I often end up using my pocket knife lol
But @pnugI like the V because I find I dont get little tobacco flakes in my mouth and it cuts great every time. Its a Xikar.

Latest Threads