Cigar smokers?

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Never heard of such for cigars..... on a side note I am looking at a humidor stand locally. No clue where I will put it but I like it.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Ok I have a question for you more experienced cigar aficionados.... I just got a box of la unicas. Normally I would open the box...unwrap each individual cigar and put em in the humidor...this wooden box is so cool looking I just stuck the whole box in the humidor and left the cigars wrapped. Any issue with aging them a few months that way or should I unwrap em and lay em in the humidor?

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Thanks.. for some reason my humidor is up around 73%..... hoping the addition of the box of cigars drops it down some. I use the crystals that are supposed to release and absorb to a constant 70%......meh

Matt_21

Reaction score
Thanks.. for some reason my humidor is up around 73%..... hoping the addition of the box of cigars drops it down some. I use the crystals that are supposed to release and absorb to a constant 70%......meh
Its probably the addition of the new cigars that has raised it. A lot of places store them at 70-72 so that when they ship they'll still be a good RH when they arrive. If youve got the beads in there they'll help.

Matt_21

Reaction score
Going to plug a podcast a couple buddies run if thats ok.
Check out Triple Capped on YouTube and facebook. Its a couple guys just sotting around smoking. Very laid back cigar reviews but, JT is very knowledgeable and Andy is newer to the game so its nice getting both perspectives. They do live videos every once in a while too and whatnot.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Its probably the addition of the new cigars that has raised it. A lot of places store them at 70-72 so that when they ship they'll still be a good RH when they arrive. If youve got the beads in there they'll help.
I said crystals.. yeah it's the beads..... this cigar is good but I think the acid is my favorite so far..... wife keeps telling me to order more but the humidor is getting full.
Looking at this one on CL and would appreciate any thoughts.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Going to plug a podcast a couple buddies run if thats ok.
Check out Triple Capped on YouTube and facebook. Its a couple guys just sotting around smoking. Very laid back cigar reviews but, JT is very knowledgeable and Andy is newer to the game so its nice getting both perspectives. They do live videos every once in a while too and whatnot.
Absolutely..... as far as I am concerned. I like learning about new hobbies. Once this diet eases off a glass of four roses small batch with one of these would be awesome.

Matt_21

Reaction score
Nice looking humidor Steve. Only concern Id have is if he was storing pipes and baccy in there its gonna have a smell from that. And that MAY seep into any cigars you keep in there.
If theyre the Acids you're going to keep.in there Id worry less.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Nice looking humidor Steve. Only concern Id have is if he was storing pipes and baccy in there its gonna have a smell from that. And that MAY seep into any cigars you keep in there.
If theyre the Acids you're going to keep.in there Id worry less.
Yeah I thought about that...my thoughts were open it up and leave it set for a while...maybe even with something to absorb odors....season it and let it set a week or so then use it. Again any advice is appreciated. As for the acids..I have em in my humidor (a no no I know) but left em wrapped hoping to minimize any issues

Seven

Reaction score
Have never smoked a cigar but I love the way they smell. :dude: Can remember as a kid back in the 70's going into the smoke shop at the local mall just to walk around and take in all the wonderful smells.

I know nothing about cigars, but I see posts about smoking old (vintage) cigars. Do they not go stale like cigarettes?

Crotch

Triggered
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My new cigar lounge is nearly done. Today they did the final coat on the floor. This is the 1924 caboose I bought last fall. I gutted it over the winter and hired a master builder to construct it. The wood is all African Mahogany. I'll post a few more as soon as all the furnishings go it. There will be a nicely stocked humidor and several bottles of good sipping bourbon behind the bar. :)
View attachment 542635
I'll drive up again this fall :)

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Have never smoked a cigar but I love the way they smell. :dude: Can remember as a kid back in the 70's going into the smoke shop at the local mall just to walk around and take in all the wonderful smells.

I know nothing about cigars, but I see posts about smoking old (vintage) cigars. Do they not go stale like cigarettes?
Not if stored properly....and even old stale ones can be saved if you know how. I do not have that level of patience

Crotch

Triggered
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gotta say this Acid is the first cigar I smoked down to where it was burning my lips...I REALLY enjoyed it. I gotta get a bigger humidor so I can buy some boxes.
Steve, I suggest Blondes and Kuba Kuba. Toast is nice if you like a darker cig. I like smaller cigars so Blondies are my first choice.

1400CC if you like a fatty

Latest Threads