Cigar smokers?

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I used to smoke cigars and recently took it up again. I like the "collecting" as much as the smoking..... anyway if any of you guys partake, I recommend for an every day smoke FACTORY THROWOUTS..the ones with the sweet caps are fantastic. I like VERY mild cigars so if anyone has any suggestions. I have a Cohiba in the humidor to smoke when I hit 50 lb weight loss.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
A great everyday (non-cuban) smoke is the Padron Palma (42x6-5/16").

I had a Punch Lonsdale the other day that was excellent (or I was wasted) and a Cohiba (the forbidden fruit variety) that was also excellent (while playing golf).

My go-to smoke is the (Habano) Montecristo #4 (42x5-1/8"). This has been my favorite cigar since '95. I used to buy them in London, South America and the islands and other locals (when travelling was a thing). Now, I get them via Switzerland. They run about $7.50/stick.

There are lots of excellent, non-cuban smokes. The funny thing is that they are often more expensive than Cubans. Padron 1964 Presidente (50x6", box pressed) is one of my all time favorites, but the cost $18 a pop where as I can smoke 2.5 Montecristos for the same cost.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
A great everyday (non-cuban) smoke is the Padron Palma (42x6-5/16").

I had a Punch Lonsdale the other day that was excellent (or I was wasted) and a Cohiba (the forbidden fruit variety) that was also excellent (while playing golf).

My go-to smoke is the (Habano) Montecristo #4 (42x5-1/8"). This has been my favorite cigar since '95. I used to buy them in London, South America and the islands and other locals (when travelling was a thing). Now, I get them via Switzerland. They run about $7.50/stick.

There are lots of excellent, non-cuban smokes. The funny thing is that they are often more expensive than Cubans. Padron 1964 Presidente (50x6", box pressed) is one of my all time favorites, but the cost $18 a pop where as I can smoke 2.5 Montecristos for the same cost.
I believe I have had the Punch Lonsdale and agree, excellent smoke. I really like most padrons but too expensive for every day smokes. I have had a few Cubans but prefer the Dominican republic long leaf. I am still at the mellow stage. My go to years ago was LA UNICA #100 very mild great tasting cigar. I like the factory throwout ones because I am under $2 a stick and still have a nice smoke.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Smoking a Genghis Kahn by Gurkha....pretty full bodied but a very uneven smoke and ash flying everywhere. Not a favorite.

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to smoke quite often, haven't had one for a few years, until last week actually had a siglo 2 and smoked it on the day that marked 365 days since i had a drink.

Pal

Reaction score
I am an Olivia Serie V smoker. Back when I started in real estate in 2015 I limited myself to a cigar every time I closed a transaction. I have gone from a couple of cigars a month to four or five a week. I think it may be time to rethink my reward system.

I came up smoking the Ovilia Gold. If you are on a budget they are about $4.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I have a variety in the humidor now. Back when I smoked before I liked to find 2 or 3 buck cigars that were good. Local place used to have knock off Cohibas that were fantastic. I have 20 LaUnicas coming. Used to smoke them a lot.... humidor is almost full. It's odd, the collecting to me is almost as good as the smoking. A "special" cigar kept for months or longer for a special occasion.

WaywerdSon

Reaction score
The Arturo Fuente natural churchill is my go to $7-8 stick. Nice smoke for the price, and unless you really stoke them a churchill will last close to 2 hours. Lots of pleasure for a bargain price in today's premium smoke market

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
The Arturo Fuente natural churchill is my go to $7-8 stick. Nice smoke for the price, and unless you really stoke them a churchill will last close to 2 hours. Lots of pleasure for a bargain price in today's premium smoke market
I like those but had forgotten about them.

parts

Reaction score
I have about 150 in my thermadors..
La Gloria Cubana Series A
CAO Brazilia..Italia and others
Cohiba
Gurkas
NUBs
too many others..

cigarinternational.com is my pusher

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
I have a couple laying around. Smoke maybe once a year? The once a year thing is always kinda dissapointing, I enjoy cigars much better when I smoke more often, say 2 per week or something. But I guess it's a good thing, it's an unhealthy habbit.

Anyway, any advice on how to humidify them? I just keep a few in a drawer somewhere, pretty sure they're way below their optimal humidity.
Edit: I mean when I decide to smoke another one, how do I get it back to optimal spec? Not looking to store them in a humidor or something, I smoke too rarely to make that worthwhile.

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made up a solution using Propylene glycol and water, cannot remember ratio, but cheap and simple

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
I know the basics of cigars but that's about it. There's a newspaper store with a pretty nice cigar collection, I just go there and buy 1 when I feel like smoking. Received a few as gifts from friends last year before covid hit, so that's why I have some around, I don't usually keep any around so storing was never a problem.

I have a small box of Montecristo No. 4
One Romeo y Jullieta No 1
One Don Tomas clasico robusto
And one Macanudo torpedo shaped cigar that I don't know what it is

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to only smoke a cigar on the golf course.

I'd only smoke Black Panter cigars that looked like Clint Eastwood cigars from the spaghetti westerns.

Panter-Cigars-Panter-Noir-5-Packs-of-20-Cigars.jpg

I used to piss off my fellow golfers by doing this while I smoked and putted. (minus the guitar) :)

Crotch

Triggered
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drew Estate-Acid Cigars are really the only ones I puff occasionally anymore. They have a unique flavor.

pnuggett

Reaction score
I watch for deals on good cigars on sale with free shipping. Save a bunch of dollars and get quality smokes.

Latest Threads