Church burglarized - My guitars were stolen.

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
That takes a special someone there.
I would struggle with the head trip that's gotta be putting you through. Peace!

Howard2k

Reaction score
Actually, churches are a frequent target for thieves looking for tech, sound reinforcement, digital cameras, projectors, microphones, music gear and computers. Our first break in, someone stole all our Shure SM58 mics and some wireless mics... and left the receivers. Last year, theives tried to steal the audio mixer from our Spanish chappel.

I'll let everyone know if anything developes.
Makes a lot of sense, unfortunately. I hope you get them back safely.

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Reaction score
damn that sucks. Special kind of low life to pinch shit from a church. Hope you can get the word out and recover them somehow.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. That just sucks!

LP1865

Reaction score
Best of Luck Man!!!
Hope you find your guitars!!!

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
They stole the scissors and stapler off my desk
There is no rhyme nor reason for their bullshit.

They leave an Ampeg, a computer, a Yamaha keyboard.

They take a friggin' stapler. And scissors.

We were broken into at my wife's family home in the next town. We were remodeling it at the time. The bastards took my good Milwaukee drill and charger, but left the other battery tools, such as sawzall and small circular saw. And they stole a whole bunch of other stupid stuff, emptying out my tool bags that were full of expensive drivers, yet took the cheap-ass bits.

I don't get it. There was so much to take, and they took mostly stupid stuff. Except for the drill.

..Idiots.

Olds442

Reaction score
They leave an Ampeg

..Idiots.
that part there is what i couldn't understand.

who takes a couple squiers and leaves an Ampeg?

like dave said, idiots.

sorry to hear this happened. i hope you recover your gear, that really sucks but hey, they left the ampeg.

Gary

Reaction score
that part there is what i couldn't understand.

who takes a couple squiers and leaves an Ampeg?

like dave said, idiots.

sorry to hear this happened. i hope you recover your gear, that really sucks but hey, they left the ampeg.
Well, the ampeg I got for a song but the Tweed Deluxe clone amp was worth $900 - $1,000. Not one of the guitars was worth that. They were easy to carry off being in gig bags with shoulder straps.

Retail for all three guitars is around $1,350 new. But according to pastor, our insurance deductible is $1,000 and they will jack up the rates if a claim is filed. He wants to reimburse me out of pocket to prevent that. In which case I think I’ll decline the offer and eat the loss myself. They’re just guitars. ‍

LPCM&BFG

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that OP! People really can be scum...

Maybe we should start a Go Fund Me to raise the money to replace your guitars? :)

On a side note, I know a few of the people on the local police force personally, very nice chaps.

They say that, under Covid with everyone working from home, the break-ins they are seeing are ones that are only done if the thief knows a house has a particular item, or simply to get cash and jewelry. They are leaving behind any electronics (too bulky, exception being computers) and weapons (the pew-pew kind) as the market place for them is currently dead and the rules so incredibly strict (over here) that they will have a hard time selling them on (even to other criminals).

What has gone up is bicycle and computer theft (Europe has seen an explosion in bicycle usage since Covid, and with people working from home, demand for higher-end laptops skyrocketed)

Please note: I am in Europe, so the situation may be different than the US.

Guy Named Sue

Reaction score
Hope the guilt of stealing another man's guitars from a church will be big enough for the person involved and they will return the gear.

Best of luck!

LP1865

Reaction score
Retail for all three guitars is around $1,350 new. But according to pastor, our insurance deductible is $1,000 and they will jack up the rates if a claim is filed. He wants to reimburse me out of pocket to prevent that. In which case I think I’ll decline the offer and eat the loss myself. They’re just guitars. ‍
Thats damn nice of you.

Maybe we should start a Go Fund Me to raise the money to replace your guitars? :)
you should really do this. For an n no. of d*ckheads, there's 2n people with a good heart.

Bluesky

Reaction score
Hope the guilt of stealing another man's guitars from a church will be big enough for the person involved and they will return the gear.

Best of luck!
I think Steven Tyler said it best ............

Gary

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that OP! People really can be scum...

No, no, no! Please don't. I'm not asking for money here. I'm venting and lamenting. The take away should be to go right now and make a list of your gear, serial numbers and take pictures. Store it on Google Drive in case your computer gets stolen.

My net out of pocket loss is $650, as two of the guitars were bought from a pawn shop where the manager is a personal friend. I get sweet deals there and can replace them. My "bottom rung" guitars were kept in my office for emergency back up and for writing arrangements.

Latest Threads