Church burglarized - My guitars were stolen.

Gary

Reaction score
Went to my office Saturday morning and discovered we were broken into around 5:30 am. The alarm had gone off. They managed to pry open an outside door, entered a hallway and kicked open the locked office doors. They stole my backup MIM Strat, Backup Epiphone LP and backup Squier Tele. The Tele was my favorite slide guitar. All had been modded with better pickups. I keep my more expensive guitars at home and carry them in on Sundays. Not a huge financial cost to me. But I went from accepting the loss on Saturday to being very sad today, Monday.

They left behind a very nice ‘90s era Ampeg Revererocket amp and my custom build Tweed Deluxe. My computer was sill there, as well as a nice collection of hymnals, pennywhistle, Yamaha keyboard and other odds and ends. They stole the scissors and stapler off my desk. Maybe the perp was a Secretary? Today the sheriff came out and dusted for prints. They said they got some good ones.

Oh, well. My wife thinks I have too many guitars anyway.

Attachments

TheX

just some do0d
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's pretty shitty, people suck more than not.

Gary

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I printed out a flier that you see with the guitar pix and serial numbers and took them to the pawn shops and local Guitar Center on Saturday afternoon. Today, I got the sheriff report number and gave that to the shops as well. Local luthiers now have the info. Now, I have to watch CraigsList.

2020 sucks.

Gary

Reaction score
So someone knew exactly where to go ??

Sounds like an inside job.
Well, they also broke into a couple of classrooms, the youth pastor’s office and stole candy and Clorox wipes. Could have been a kid. :hmm:

Deftone

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. Hope they are recovered.

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope the police report states that all the missing axes were from the 50's!

Sorry that some dirtbags ruined your day. Hope you get them back.

Gary

Reaction score
I dont have any sympathy for 99% of thieves. Honestly though who robs a church ?? thats gotta come with some bad juju.

sorry you have to go though this.
Actually, churches are a frequent target for thieves looking for tech, sound reinforcement, digital cameras, projectors, microphones, music gear and computers. Our first break in, someone stole all our Shure SM58 mics and some wireless mics... and left the receivers. Last year, theives tried to steal the audio mixer from our Spanish chappel.

I'll let everyone know if anything developes.

dc007

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sad news......

fry

Reaction score
There's a special place in hell for guitar thieves. Under that place is a special place for someone who steals from a church.

Latest Threads