Chrysler is reviving my (1971) daily driver!

morrow

Banned
Reaction score
Chrysler will revive the Dodge Dart nameplate, last seen in 1976, when it unveils a new, Fiat-based 4-door compact sedan at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit in January.

The 2013 model-year vehicle will be based on Chrysler's Compact U.S. Wide platform, a wider version of the chassis that underpins the Alfa Romeo Giulietta, among other vehicles. The new Dart will get a 4-wheel independent suspension and a rigid, lightweight unibody, 68 percent of which will be made from high-strength steel. The compact sedan will come with three 4-cylinder engine options: One will use Fiat's MultiAir variable valve technology to boost fuel economy; one will carry the Tigershark badge, a next-generation version of Chrysler's 4-cylinder engine family out of Dundee, Mich.; and the third will combine the Tigershark badge with the MultiAir technology. The engine options are:

• Tigershark 16-valve 2.0-liter.
  • 16-valve 1.4-liter MultiAir Intercooled Turbo.
  • Tigershark 16-valve 2.4-liter MultiAir 4-cylinder.
Coupled with the choice of three transmissions -- Chrysler has yet to specify what these will be -- the manufacturer says the new Dart will offer "the most diverse powertrain lineup in its class."

The Dart will be built at Chrysler's assembly plant in Belvidere, Ill.

The Dodge Dart Is Back - MSN Autos

Strato

Banned
Reaction score
From the title of this thread I thought they were gonna revive YOUR car.

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu63LwZH2xI]Dodge Dart Teased, Toyota Moving HQ to California? Price of Gas in Afghanistan, Money in F1. - YouTube[/ame]

dem00n

Reaction score
Dodge ****ed up the Charger but did great with the Challenger, now they ****ed up the Dart. Maybe they will bring back the Phoenix and make it look amazing. :laugh2:

morrow

Banned
Reaction score
From the title of this thread I thought they were gonna revive YOUR car.
I wish :thumb:
Here's my daily driver:
whitedart.jpg

hipofutura

Reaction score
It's no wonder car companies suffer as they do. This won't be the first time a respected badge is revived only to be put on some dumb-ass car. It must be excessive in-breading, or something, within the companies. Unbelievable! They deserve to have their heads handed to them by the Japanese and Korean companies.

morrow

Banned
Reaction score
Wow! Looks good for a 40yo barge. How many miles are on it?
God knows how many. Old cars only had odometers that went up to 99k miles :(
I also replaced the dash cluster and many other things inside and out...so it's unknown.

SKATTERBRANE

Banned
Reaction score
I had a 1963 and a 1964 Dodge Dart each with the 225 cid slant 6.

Drew224

"Obvious BS Artist"
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Dodge ****ed up the Charger but did great with the Challenger, now they ****ed up the Dart. Maybe they will bring back the Phoenix and make it look amazing. :laugh2:

I'll settle for Charger coupe with a stick. In fact, I'll forget all the other dumb stuff Chrysler has done.

dave b

Reaction score
Wish I still had mine. 73 Dart Sport.(Sure as hell didn't handle too sporty:laugh2:)

Attachments

• dodge-00033-1.jpg
    dodge-00033-1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 10

Latest Threads