Chrome EMG's

Reaction score
My 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard was ordered custom with Trans/black color and Chrome Emgs, thought that was pretty cool.

and the neck is 50's style, i think the wiring is also.:thumb:

Seymour Duncans

Reaction score
Cool! Chrome EMGs! I've never heard of that before! Anyway, that is a pretty sweet axe! ;)

decoy205

Reaction score
questions:
1. How did you get your guitar with EMG's custom ordered or was this done by someone else?

2. EMG is now putting out chrome covers? I've seen them before on ebay but only once.

Reaction score
thanks:], and i didnt order it , myself, and i went up to the house of guitars (located in Rochester, NY, its a world-famous place). I wasnt expecting to actually buy anything until i found the trans/black, it looked amazing, the guy said it was only $1800, originally $2200, and i asked him specs and he told me that they were fitted with custom emgs with chrome covers, and that the color was custom. I looked on Gibson.com and i couldnt find a color to choose that was transparent black, so he must be right. Anyways, i brought my guitar up to my good old friend Jon Celi (Singer of the band Emerald City in Syracuse, NY) and I compared my Gibson to his, and my pickups had a much more 80's sound to it, Metal-like, which is what i wanted. his were standard that came, and they were very dark and blues sounding.

lildiggy

Reaction score
Beautiful Les paul! I love that color and with chrome emg"s LOOK OUT! I was on my way to order the chrome setup when I came across this 25th anniversary silver EMG 81/81 setup. I bought it instead and added an SPC Presence control as well. Couldn't be happier.

Attachments

• DSC_0082.jpg
    DSC_0082.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC_0081.jpg
    DSC_0081.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 51

jrnic

Reaction score
There are actually two different chrome sets from EMG. The one out for awhile are the anniversary set that were really expensive, like the ones in lildiggy's LP . The new ones in chrome and gold are brand new. They just came out this past year. I would assume that a "custom ordered" 2006 Les Paul would have come with the original annivesary set, not the newer ones. Either way, pretty cool. I might have to invest in a gold set for mine!

EMG's in a Les Paul....doesn't get any better than that!!!:dude::applause:

TattooedCarrot

Ferro Picta Carota
Reaction score
The anniversary set is chrome 81/81 only, and they have the EMG fountain logo engraved on them - bleh

skipdog

Reaction score
My 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard was ordered custom with Trans/black color and Chrome Emgs, thought that was pretty cool.

and the neck is 50's style, i think the wiring is also.:thumb:

If thats the guitar your talking about in your avatar, I see pole screws ????

ehamady6

Reaction score
Beautiful Les paul! I love that color and with chrome emg"s LOOK OUT! I was on my way to order the chrome setup when I came across this 25th anniversary silver EMG 81/81 setup. I bought it instead and added an SPC Presence control as well. Couldn't be happier.

How do you like all that etching on the pickup covers?

lildiggy

Reaction score
Its Cool. I was on a hunt to find Chrome emg's that I didn't have to freakin special order, when my homie at Professional Musicians Center said " I have to special order the Chromes although I have these killer silver 25th anniversary set. I checked em out,and he made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Attachments

• DSC_0072.jpg
    DSC_0072.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 34

Latest Threads