Chris Leatt On MTB Injury Research & Protective Gear

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

JTM45

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a good read, I hope the continued research will venture into light weight metals for protection too, titanium Is growing in a bunch of areas

bildozr

Florida Man
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm in need of a helmet upgrade. I've had two concussions over the course of my life, and occasionally have experienced side effects of them. I'm considering a lighter weight full face at this point. Maybe I don't need it for my skill level or conditions, but I just have the recurring image of flying over the handlebars and knocking my teeth out. As I've gotten older, I just don't give a shit if someone thinks I look goofy, or not anymore. I'll mitigate the risks, and stay as safe as I can. Nothing like being 29, and stopping mid sentence because you forgot what you were talking about.

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a VERY slow speed OTB event last year, and happened to hit my jaw on the way into a pile of logs. Scraped me up, left some blood behind and it HURT. Full face would have totally prevented it. I wear one now.

merica.jpg

freebyrd 69

Reaction score
leatt makes good shit. I have some of their stuff for motocross.
I wear a bell helmet for MTB....usually take the full face portion off but when I want to send it I wear it.

Latest Threads