chinesse gibson vs real gibson

jon1

Reaction score
...Right... Actually it's not Britain's attitude that has killed off it's Motor Industry, it was Margaret Thatcher, who sold off all of the British car firms, but anyway...

American cars may work in America, but generally they're not that well suited to other countries, which is why you don't often see them outside of America (and Australia, whom do apparently import a lot of them). So yes, I would honestly rather have a Kia than any American car.

I'm just saying that I didn't understand the meaning of you post, this discussion is regarding counterfeit goods, and you responded by slagging off Korea in general.

I dont think he was representing america in the post. I think what he was saying is that it is unjustifiable to say that a Kia is just as good as a Mercedes, or Cadillac, or Infiniti just because it will get you to the same place.

tampa898

Reaction score
Interesting thread you guys have going here.....lol

<<<<<Chinese Gibson.

SkyNet3D

Reaction score
no it just went over your head.
try and keep up.move closer to the chalkboard if you have to .....

There is a myriad of brands & products I could have used there.Toyota,Nissan,Honda,Leyland,Morriss,Vauxhal.

Vauxhall heh?

2007-vauxhall-vxr8-picture-1.jpg

I bet you'd like this one. Look it up, Vauxhall Monaro VXR8

budd

Reaction score
Vauxhall heh?

2007-vauxhall-vxr8-picture-1.jpg

I bet you'd like this one. Look it up, Vauxhall Monaro VXR8

It's an Aussie car so yeah he's seen it.... just re-badged for the seppos.

They've been selling hotted up taxis since the 80's here. And it's basically the bogans out west who drive them unless you need to tow something.

dbwalker

Reaction score
I know what that fake Gibson is good for dood, you bust it out on the last song of the set & smash the hell out of it & then set it on fire, your friends will bow to you & everyone around here will high five ya for the good deed, offer the guy $100 for it & give it a proper death

ext1jdh

Reaction score
Take a fake Gibsun and route it out for a B-bender :D

Jakeislove

Reaction score
i hope he would respect the epi name enough to mention its an epi,at least it would then be authorized by gibson instead of an out and out fake...

No telling. I wonder what the quality difference is between Chinese made fake and real Epis.

JS23V0B

Reaction score
The quality of those Chinese fakes varies quite a bit. There are several factories in China doing knock offs; some better than others. But even the better quality guitars need major set up work just to be playable. Add to that the pickups are junk along with the tuning machines & the rest of the hardware. I suppose you could drop in a good set of humbuckers, rewire the whole thing with new pots & a new switch, change out the bridge & tailpiece, and finally install good tuners & a new nut. Once all that is done, you might have a decent playing fake that happens to have "Gibson" written on the headstock. Or you could do the right thing by saving up some cash & buying the real deal.

With that said I will admit I considered a Chinese Slash knock off. Ultimately, after doing some research I decided against it & bought a real Gibson Les Paul Traditional Plus. I know I made the right decision. There's no way one of those fakes could hold a candle to the real thing.

Travst

Reaction score
A luthier friend showed me a fake goldtop that came into his shop because the owner couldn't get it set up correctly. He'd purchased the guitar from China for $600. It wasn't even as good as a $100 Epi or Squier. My friend was put in the unenviable position of having to tell the new owner that it was a fake, and a poor one at that. He really believed he'd scored a great deal on a classic... from China.

dwagar

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
the other thing you have to be worried about with Chinese fakes is the weight.

You know, for when you have to carry it out to the garbage can.

Unless you can get your mom to take it out for you.

River

Reaction score
I like this new word, "Chinesse". Very elegant.

Solidasrock

Reaction score
A luthier friend showed me a fake goldtop that came into his shop because the owner couldn't get it set up correctly. He'd purchased the guitar from China for $600. It wasn't even as good as a $100 Epi or Squier. My friend was put in the unenviable position of having to tell the new owner that it was a fake, and a poor one at that. He really believed he'd scored a great deal on a classic... from China.

He was doubly ripped off....you can get a decent playing gold top fake delivered to the door for $275 or so.... no need to pay $600 for a crappy one. I played my friends. No issues with it. Great guitar but a fake.

buddy told me where he got his...I went on line and the Chinese seller offered me an American Strat delivered tothe door for $185. I reported his website to Fender and it disappeared. The seller, John Hu created a new website but it's been attacked. Lots of fakes for sale and I'm sure he'll pop up somewhere else on the web with his devil machines.

If you see the name 'John Hu' hunt him down like you would a vampire. The following is in his site but if you go to the main page you can join his site on the spot and post a nasty note. I posted those 'fraud seals' and he keeps erasing them.

Photos - John Hu

S_I_N_13

Reaction score
Apples and oranges there. That Dodge, while nice, is nearly useless as a family car. Likewise the Kia isn't going to win any street races.

Tell the fam to Stfu and stuff themselves in and buckle up.

Latest Threads