chinesse gibson vs real gibson

gibson278

Reaction score
so my local guitar shop has a fake chinnesse gibson les paul goldtop for 600 bucks it sounds and plays like a gibson but with out the weight or i could get a brand new gibson sg standard for 1200 at guitar center if i got the chinnes les paul i could get it faster if i got the gibson sg i would have to wait longer and i want an sg but i realy like goldtops what do you guys and gals think the guitar shop dosn't sell fake gibson i know the owner and he dont sell fake gibson the guy he bought from told him it was a fake and he told me he is telling everybody that it is a fake and not trying to sell it as a real gibson

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Use periods and capital letters.

A fake chinnesse (or did you mean Chinese?) Gibson is worth about $0.00

You can get a new fake Gibson for $150 - although you shouldn't.

I would suggest reporting to Gibson that a guitar shop is selling counterfeit guitars so that the authorities can be contacted, as this is an illegal activity.

Please retype your questions in an understandable manner, and I'd be glad to talk to you about your various plans of action.

Bing17

Reaction score
I saw 3 completely different spellings of "Chinese" in that one post; none spelled correctly. Is it any wonder he's considering buying a Chinese Gibson knock-off for $500?

This is how you join a forum? This is your first post?

*BTW, $500 is about twice the cost of a brand new Chinese Les Paul.

Thanos

Reaction score
double_facepalm_lg.jpg

Louie

Reaction score
it sounds and plays like a gibson

No, it doesn't.

I just hope you didn't join MLP just to ask us whether you should buy a fake Gibson. There are many cheaper alternatives to a Gibson which are not illegal. Please look into those before purchasing a Chinese counterfeit.

AXE

Six String Soldier
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

slapshot

Reaction score
be thankful the OP didn't spam with a link to the shop too.
I'm in a bad mood from coworker stupidity now it's even worse.
My palms have eyeball imprints....

dwagar

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I think it was just a troll post, bored on a Sunday

gibson278

Reaction score
No, it doesn't.

I just hope you didn't join MLP just to ask us whether you should buy a fake Gibson. There are many cheaper alternatives to a Gibson which are not illegal. Please look into those before purchasing a Chinese counterfeit.

yes it does sound and play like a gibson i compared the tone to a gibson and it sounds the same

Louie

Reaction score
How funny would it be if this were Dennis in disguise? :D

slapshot

Reaction score
just because light beer tastes the same doesn't mean you have to drink it
just because a Kia can get you from A to B doesn't mean you should drive it
*insert your own here*

Ledheadforlife

Reaction score
I'd offer him $300 for the chinese lp, not a dime more, and if he takes it, replace the pups with some used gibbys, replace the tuners with grovers, maybe replace the nut, have it set up, and ur good ta go.

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'd offer him $300 for the chinese lp, not a dime more, and if he takes it, replace the pups with some used gibbys, replace the tuners with grovers, maybe replace the nut, have it set up, and ur good ta go.

No you're not.

Louie

Reaction score

For $300 you could buy a used Epi and then "ur good ta go".

Latest Threads