Chibson Fakes Are Getting Alot Better! Scary!

bluesondoor

Reaction score
OK, I feel a bit bad piling on this guy, if he's just someone who has gotten burned, and doesn't know it.
He is definitely a scammer. But even if he didn't know before he would now. Him then passing that burn on to someone else and not taking responsibility isn't really defensible to me either.

Davet59

Reaction score
I was just on Youtube, one of the channels I watch was calling out this seller's guitars on one of his videos. The seller is trying to pass his Chibson Guitars off as real even after being contacted by the Channel's owner..

Look at the pics, yes it's still obvious it's a fake but the the scary part is the Chibson's are getting much closer looking to real Gibson's than ever in my opinion..Shape is getting more accurate, nibs are now appearing, headstock shape is improving etc.. Still can't see if they are doing the Wings though. Serial # font is still off too

Hope no one gets scammed on this one.. Eeek, can't stand shady sellers!

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&toolid=10001&campid=5338014323&icep_item=142711000223
The listing in your link shows Sold!

Who

I'm back. Back in the New York groove.
Reaction score
That other "Slash" listing is so funny it deserves to be posted here. I'm adding line-breaks to help make it almost legible. The length of the "sentences" makes me giggle.

eBay item number:
Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.
Last updated on Mar 07, 2018 13:07:15 PST
Item specifics
Condition: Used :
Seller Notes: “1986 GIBSON STANDARD SLASH- 342 STANDARD AAA FLAME TOP BURST, AS IS WITH ALL SLASH GUITARS BEEN GUTTED AN RE-VAMPED TO HIS SPECS HAS BEEN RE-CROWNED AT SOME POINT, ALSO SEYMOUR DUNCAN, SLASH PICKUPS,TOP HAT KNOBS,

THIS IS ONE IVE, BEEN TRYING TO HANG ON TO BUT , I HAVE ACQUIRED A ANOTHER ONE I WANTED,, THIS GUITAR HAS SEEN LOTS OF PLAY TIME, BUT IS STILL IN EXCELLENT SHAPE,MAINTAINED BY ACE, THIS GUITAR CAN SCREAM OR PLAY THE BLUES AS IT IS SO VERSATILE, COMES WITH SLASH CASE ',SLASHS SIGNATURE IS ON SCARF PLATE

NOTE!! IT HAD SLIGHT DAMAGE TO CUT AWAY WAS REPAIRED I TRYED TO SHOW IN PICS, BACK SLIGHT BELT RUB , MOST POLISHED OUT, I CANT REMEMBER A LOT ABOUT CUSTOM, THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN DONE BUT I KNOW A LOT, I HAVE PLAYED HER FOR YEARS ,

WITH NO PROBLEMS OTHER THEN BREAKING STRINGS, THIS GUITAR WAS MADE TO PLAY THE .... OUT OF, WELL LOOK CLOSE AT PICS, I HAVE ACQUIRED MANY SLASH GUITARS , THIS IS THE ONE I AM WILLING TO LET GO !!.GIBSON COULD LEARN A LOT FROM ACE BERGMAN ,”

IMG_0548.jpg

Who

I'm back. Back in the New York groove.
Reaction score
Also, if his story was true, and this was played by Slash live or in recordings in 1987, this guitar would be worth tens of thousands of dollars.

As it is, it is worth tens of dollars.

GibsonKramer

The Three G's
Reaction score
Report both seller, and eBay... directly to Gibson.

They're the ones that get results.

yamariv

Reaction score
Report both seller, and eBay... directly to Gibson.

They're the ones that get results.
You actually think Gibson would care? I'll call them but wouldn't know where to start to find the right person to talk to!

This guy is getting on my nerves, it's becoming personal, I don't like blatant scammers getting away with it :mad2::mad2:

yamariv

Reaction score
Just spent 20 mins of my life (that I'll never get back) on the phone with Ebay. The first lady I spoke to, after I explained the whole issue followed up with "Are you talking about a car Sir?..":run::facepalm: I then spoke to a guy in their security section and retold the same story and he said it would be looked into right away.. I'm not holding my breath but I hope they actually do!

GibsonKramer

The Three G's
Reaction score
You actually think Gibson would care? I'll call them but wouldn't know where to start to find the right person to talk to!

This guy is getting on my nerves, it's becoming personal, I don't like blatant scammers getting away with it :mad2::mad2:
Yes, they care very much.

in fact, I can't recall a single time, they were notified... that they ignored it.

mudface

Non-Deadbeat/Non-Prominent
Double Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe there should be dedicated fraud agents search these A-holes out and prosecute them with jail time. If they can do this with pedofiles, they should employ the same tactics with these jerks and arrest them at their home and collect their inventory and destroy it.

Last edited:

SpawnedX

Reaction score
Still up, hope whoever gets scammed by this POS sees this post and also sues eBay for facilitating fraud.