Zohran

Reaction score
6D4FE0B3-E58B-4717-98E5-5E6E75684B27.jpeg
Hey guys! I finally managed to record a sound demo video of my guitar.
Don’t judge my playing alright and forgive the mistakes cause there are a lot of em.
Here is the link but please read the msg before you watch the video please!!

I wanna clear one thing first that everything is recorded via direct input into protools and then to Bias FX virtual amp software.
I am probably one of very few guys who have no pedals at all. The only pedal I have is a reverb pedal and a little peavy amp and both of which I never ever use.
I always use Bias for everything, eventho I think I should make a pedal board and get a nice Amp but I can’t rock out in my room, my street is pretty congested and there is not much soundproofing.
Anyhow , I have some VERY IMPORTANT QUESTIONS.
1. After watching the demo, what do you think of the sound?
What I am doing wrong in terms of dialing in the tone?
2. What can I do to make it better?
3. Do you think it sounds bright and kinda thin?
4. Do you think neck pup sounds kinda muddy in crunch settings?
Is there something Im doing wrong with my amp knobs and pedals? Im not much experienced regarding pedals and in what way to put them.
PLEASE ANSWER GUYS PLEASE!!

Last edited:

shupe13

Reaction score
I can't really hear anything bad. If you don't like what you're hearing adjust the pickup heights. Slightly lower the bridge and slightly raise the neck but try to keep the volumes between the two balanced.

Zohran

Reaction score
I can't really hear anything bad. If you don't like what you're hearing adjust the pickup heights. Slightly lower the bridge and slightly raise the neck but try to keep the volumes between the two balanced.
I don’t hear anything bad either, just thought that it kinda sounds bright and neck pickup sounds muddy, prolly too much compression.
What do you think of the sound?

Tim Plains

Reaction score
Guitars and computers don't make you sound good. Tube amps make you sound good. You could always try something like a Champ or Princeton, there's a reason why these are classics, and use an attenuator if needed.

Have a screwdriver next to you and keep adjusting the pickups until you find they sound best. Start by lowering them a lot, play for a few minutes, raise and repeat. Then fine tune with the pole pieces if needed. It's trial and error, and you won't hurt anything.

Last edited:

Zohran

Reaction score
Guitars and computers don't make you sound good. Tube amps make you sound good. You could always try something like a Champ or Princeton, there's a reason why these are classics, and use an attenuator if needed.

Have a screwdriver next to you and keep adjusting the pickups until you find they sound best. Start by lowering them a lot, play for a few minutes, raise and repeat. Then fine tune with the pole pieces if needed. It's trial and error, and you won't hurt anything.
Hmm
what do you think of the sound tho?
And Im sorry man I don’t understand what you meant by “There is a reason why these are classics”
Whats the reason?

Tim Plains

Reaction score
It's through a computer. To me, it sounds bland and generic, and has nothing to do with the guitar or you.

Have you ever played a Champ or Princeton? They are classic amps, practically everybody owns or has owned one, the reason is they sound great and are smaller amps making them practical for home use. Just don't let the 5 watt rating fool you, because they are loud if you turn them up, and why I mentioned an attenuator.

Zohran

Reaction score
It's through a computer. To me, it sounds bland and generic, and has nothing to do with the guitar or you.

Have you ever played a Champ or Princeton? They are classic amps, practically everybody owns or has owned one, the reason is they sound great and are smaller amps making them practical for home use. Just don't let the 5 watt rating fool you, because they are loud if you turn them up, and why I mentioned an attenuator.
I see. Thanks for the info man. Can you please tell me the exact model number of these two amps you mentioned?
I would love to check them. Are they tube amps?

Christosterone

Premium Member
Reaction score
1) love the sound and tone...and I like your playing
2) you hit notes clean and they came across clean...
3) I’m on an iPad so tough to tell as everything sounds kinda thin
4) didn’t hear anything muddy...the neck tone is classic les Paul imho...

Additional thoughts:
Does it always give u static going from bridge to both pups?
Have u heard the orange micro terrror thru headphones?
Sounds amazing for a ridiculously low price and can power a little 8 or u can get a 12 if memory serves...mine has an 8” and rocks
I only say this as it sounds fat at very low volumes...which is how I play
If I play loud, all the cats in my neighborhood start fighting :naughty:

Anyhow, loved your playing and the guitar....can’t say you could find a better example of the “les Paul tone” imho

-Chris

Cjsinla

Reaction score
Hmm
what do you think of the sound tho?
And Im sorry man I don’t understand what you meant by “There is a reason why these are classics”
Whats the reason?
They’re classics because they sound good and have been used and produced by Fender since the 50’s. So, yes, they are tube amps. Look up Fender Champ or Fender Princeton on YouTube. Pay close attention to the older tweed versions.

Zohran

Reaction score
1) love the sound and tone...and I like your playing
2) you hit notes clean and they came across clean...
3) I’m on an iPad so tough to tell as everything sounds kinda thin
4) didn’t hear anything muddy...the neck tone is classic les Paul imho...

Additional thoughts:
Does it always give u static going from bridge to both pups?
Sounds amazing for a ridiculously low price and can power a little 8 or u can get a 12 if memory serves...mine has an 8” and rocks

Anyhow, loved your playing and the guitar....can’t say you could find a better example of the “les Paul tone” imho

-Chris
Thanks a lot man!! I really appreciate that. Listen to the crunch part with headphones when you get a chance.

And about your questions.
I just found out two things about this guitar.
First, there is some problem with the pickup selector switch as you mentioned static. First of all the selector itself is kinda stiff, seems like it needs oil or something. Second it gives me static on middle position and bridge. If I put it on middle and tap on the selector, it produces real weird noises and just like a couple minutes ago when I was jamming, I switched from neck to bridge pickup and it stopped sounding at all for a couple seconds and then came back for a few and went off again until I fixed it by going back to middle or neck and coming back again. What is that man? Is this any major problem?

Second the hardcase I got with it is not the one that came with this guitar, I mean it is from the same year period and totally identical case but not the actual one that came with this guitar.
Salesman apparently sent this case to me cause the number lock on the original one was damaged and looked hard to fix and cause this one looked better than the original one.
Good thing is that salesman has the original case and wanting me to send this other case back and replace the lock system from this case to the original one and send it back to me.
I don’t know if I should do this or not as he said that the original case is worse than the one he sent me. But you know it came with this guitar and original is always original. Atleast I think so.
Man, tell me about that static Sh*t. Im going nuts thinking about it. Please

Zohran

Reaction score

-Chris
Weren’t orange famous for being bright amps? I heard that a lot in videos.
I would surely check this one out man. By the way in my video I have 69 plexi with orange speaker below. It sounded to me much clear than some other options I had in the software.

Christosterone

Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot man!! I really appreciate that. Listen to the crunch part with headphones when you get a chance.

And about your questions.
I just found out two things about this guitar.
First, there is some problem with the pickup selector switch as you mentioned static. First of all the selector itself is kinda stiff, seems like it needs oil or something. Second it gives me static on middle position and bridge. If I put it on middle and tap on the selector, it produces real weird noises and just like a couple minutes ago when I was jamming, I switched from neck to bridge pickup and it stopped sounding at all for a couple seconds and then came back for a few and went off again until I fixed it by going back to middle or neck and coming back again. What is that man? Is this any major problem?

Second the hardcase I got with it is not the one that came with this guitar, I mean it is from the same year period and totally identical case but not the actual one that came with this guitar.
Salesman apparently sent this case to me cause the number lock on the original one was damaged and looked hard to fix and cause this one looked better than the original one.
Good thing is that salesman has the original case and wanting me to send this other case back and replace the lock system from this case to the original one and send it back to me.
I don’t know if I should do this or not as he said that the original case is worse than the one he sent me. But you know it came with this guitar and original is always original. Atleast I think so.
Man, tell me about that static Sh*t. Im going nuts thinking about it. Please
I heard it in ur intro and kinda knew before I saw u switch it...

Get out ur solder gun...if it’s not a bad connection then order a switch craft selector...

It’s possible the aftermarket case smashed it...maybe
But I can’t remember if ur case is a Gibson or generic...

Again, I love the way it sounds and the tone is fantastic(wouldn’t change a thing other than the static)

-Chris

Zohran

Reaction score
I heard it in ur intro and kinda knew before I saw u switch it...

Get out ur solder gun...if it’s not a bad connection then order a switch craft selector...

It’s possible the aftermarket case smashed it...maybe
But I can’t remember if ur case is a Gibson or generic...

Again, I love the way it sounds and the tone is fantastic(wouldn’t change a thing other than the static)

-Chris
The case is original 90’s gibson case.
Man.. This static.. Is there anyway to overcome this stupid problem without replacing original parts of the guitar?
I don’t have any solder gun lmao.
I probably should tell this problem to salesman and have him order what this guitar needs.
Im worried now.. F******

And thank about the sound man! Im happy that you loved it!

Christosterone

Premium Member
Reaction score
The case is original 90’s gibson case.
Man.. This static.. Is there anyway to overcome this stupid problem without replacing original parts of the guitar?
I don’t have any solder gun lmao.
I probably should tell this problem to salesman and have him order what this guitar needs.
Im worried now.. F******

And thank about the sound man! Im happy that you loved it!
Nothing to be worried about...I’m just odd about hearing static on switches...

It could be a loose solder on a ground in the control cavity too but I think it’s at the switch because it’s so momentary and sounds like it occurs at the moment of pull to the middle position...

One of the tongues may simply be crossing another one too close and needs a minor correction(bending) —- with loads of finesse...

Since it doesn’t affect sound while playing(only during switch) in the middle position it’s probably a very minor “issue”...

-Chris

Zohran

Reaction score
Nothing to be worried about...I’m just odd about hearing static on switches...

It could be a loose solder on a ground in the control cavity too but I think it’s at the switch because it’s so momentary and sounds like it occurs at the moment of pull to the middle position...

One of the tongues may simply be crossing another one too close and needs a minor correction(bending) —- with loads of finesse...

Since it doesn’t affect sound while playing(only during switch) in the middle position it’s probably a very minor “issue”...

-Chris
So I can totally fix it without replacing original parts of the guitar?
I really don’t wanna change any original stuff on it man.. I hope you understand my feelings lol.

ACEit

Reaction score
about static ( or no sound ) in the middle position may be just that the contact plates needs to be cleaned...

but if it's me, I will put a brand new switchcraft in it.. if you want you can keep the original one for "value" purposes.

I prefer a guitar that works flawlessy with new parts than one with original parts and problems... expecially if we are talking about a mere selector....

Last edited:

Zohran

Reaction score
about static ( or no sound ) in the middle position may be just that the contact plates needs to be cleaned...

but if it's me, I will put a brand new switchcraft in it.. if you want you can keep the original one for "value" purposes.

I prefer a guitar that works flawlessy with new parts than one with original parts and problems... expecially if we are talking about a mere selector....
Fair enough man! I should try cleaning it first cause it feels as if its rusty inside when I switch it.
If it doesn’t work, I’ll get the new one.

Latest Threads