Check out this old LP!

truckermde

Reaction score
Agreed. I never take advantage of an individual. In a store, however, I negotiate my best. In auctions, I feel free to win at the lowest possible price even if it nearly borders on a crime. Full disclosure--when I bought the above pictured "Tele Gib" I was buying it for parts with no intention of it being a GREAT one. I did not even plug it in to see if it worked. It was not tillI got it home that I knew I had a treasure
I am 100% with you, brother.

:cheers2:

moreles

Reaction score
Back iof the neck does look funny. The highlights are discontinuous, and the surface blending (flow of curves) looks crude and clumsy for a Gibson. But the pictures are poor and maybe it's just a trick of the lighting. I'd bet on either a deliberate modification or a repair, but, again, you can't really tell. Nice guitar regardless.

Gla524

Reaction score
Is the headstock pitch 17 degrees or 14? My guess is it’s 14, making it a 1965 or newer Gibson. Most likely a late 69 or 70 Les Paul. Nice guitar. Thanks.

Adinol

Reaction score
Back iof the neck does look funny. The highlights are discontinuous, and the surface blending (flow of curves) looks crude and clumsy for a Gibson. But the pictures are poor and maybe it's just a trick of the lighting. I'd bet on either a deliberate modification or a repair, but, again, you can't really tell. Nice guitar regardless.
Could it be that close ups of that area are deliberately omitted, in an effort to fool potential buyers?

workerunit

Reaction score
All the serial numbers would have had to be stamped even now. Only a fake or stolen would have ever had it removed. Any Gibson electric without the stamped serial number on it is suspect and should be immediately passed on unless you are wishing to take it a part and look at all the composite serial numbers to find who the Guitar legitimately belongs to, if a fake just the same turn them in. Too many have had instruments stolen or taken by buying fakes.
"Any Gibson electric without the stamped serial number on it is suspect"

Can you clarify? Do you mean ink stamped, or are you referring to the embossed (pressed) serial numbers??

workerunit

Reaction score
OP, pull the neck and bridge pickups and truss rod cover, take some pics and lets see.

Latest Threads