Check Out These Headphones

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
These will be impressive if they work as stated. Essentially these mixing headphones emulate different studio control rooms, other brands of headphones, even car stereos and nightclubs.

I'd be interested but they're too pricey for me. (12 payments of $40.... didn't notice an option to just buy them outright). I don't have a good room to mix in so something like this could help. Sonarworks also makes room correction software so I could try that as well.

Anyway I thought I'd post this because it seems like a good idea.

https://www.stevenslateaudio.com/vsx

motowntom

Reaction score
This is awesome if it works. $39.00 a month for how long?

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
There's a buy now $479 option at the bottom. The $39 /mo is just a convenience.
There's also a list of dealers, even L&M in Canada, although here it's $669
These will be impressive if they work as stated. Essentially these mixing headphones emulate different studio control rooms, other brands of headphones, even car stereos and nightclubs.

I'd be interested but they're too pricey for me. (12 payments of $40.... didn't notice an option to just buy them outright). I don't have a good room to mix in so something like this could help. Sonarworks also makes room correction software so I could try that as well.

Anyway I thought I'd post this because it seems like a good idea.

https://www.stevenslateaudio.com/vsx

Brek

Reaction score
I have an app on my MacBook that claims to make headphones respond like listening to speakers for mixing, cannot say it feels any better, it does something to the stereo image, not sure how it does that, playing with frequency’s in some way or other.
Regarding the headphones, a totally flat response will have UK audiophiles drooling. They seek the straight wire with gain like it’s the holy grail. Not outrageously priced for a set of headphones, if they truly are ‘flat’ i wouldn’t mind a set.

KP11520

Reaction score
Software based? Headphones?

I'm way too dinosaur to ever consider that!

Keep the Human in the chain!

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't give those stupid things a second look. They are exactly the antithesis of what you want in a reference set of headphones. Just like studio monitors and your room the goal is to become intimately familiar with how they sound and react. That takes time.....a lot of mixing and listening. Start throwing all kinds of different "emulations" on your monitors and you have lost your grounding.

redking

Reaction score
Speaking of headphones - on a slightly different note, Pete Thorn talked about a set of fairly inexpensive headphones that were great for tracking guitars on one of his livestreams a while ago. He said that they produced a tone for electric guitar that was very inspiring while you were playing - but he didn't recommend them for mixing. I wish I wrote them down. I will have to ask him the next time I catch him live.

Mr Insane

Reaction score
Michael Nielsen(producer, soundtrack composer, guitar nerd etc) gave his first impressions of them.

Latest Threads