Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
LP59CC13SBNH1-Hero.jpg

It's plugged in fer real, too!

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That guy wrote a ton of hits in such a short time. Incredible writer.

Also, he taught me it is not how loud, brash or high energy on stage
the performer has to be to make a lasting impression on the audience.

I saw Poco open for John Sebastian and it was their usual blow out;
especially with Rusty Young on pedal steel kicking out the chair
and putting on a great show. RIP Rusty Young. He just passed
this last April.

Intermission.

The headliner, John Sebastian saunters out on stage...solo. Blows the
place away with his charm, incredible song list, guitar and talent.

Liam

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Might even be a 1960, but...

John Sebastian, aside from anything else, wrote "Summer in the City". Most everything else pales into insignificance in my book. I like 50's Les Pauls, but the music sometimes trumps all of that. ;)

Liam

P.S. I love the Thunderbird too.

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might even be a 1960, but...

John Sebastian, aside from anything else, wrote "Summer in the City". Most everything else pales into insignificance in my book. I like 50's Les Pauls, but the music sometimes trumps all of that. ;)

Liam

P.S. I love the Thunderbird too.
I doubt it's a '60, doesn't have steel inserts in the bonnet knobs, but that may not mean much.

"Summer In The City" is my favorite too, followed closely by "You Didn't Have To Be So Nice"

Your taste in music, sir, is impeccable. :cheers:

Last edited:

Brown Recluse

Reaction score
I recall it being a '59. It was on the cover of one of Gruhn's old color monthly sales lists. It had a serious headstock injury. I seem to remember it being a baggage handling casualty that Sebastian witnessed from inside the plane's cabin.

jrbab

Reaction score
Here's another of his guitars from when he went solo. BTW - great record. People shout out tune names and he tries to play a couple. Great stage presence, as mentioned earlier. Got to see him solo live and he was terrific. Great stories and you felt like you were sitting in your living room with him.

1629461376755.png

zdoggie

Reaction score
yeah , he wrote some great tunes what a day for a day dream was one of my fav's .

zdog

Rik shafer

Reaction score
Agreed. Met him a couple times when he lived in Sag Harbor. Saw him couple shows, awesome, funny performer. He was—and is—an amazingly underrated songwriter. The best.

pondcaster

Reaction score
Here's another of his guitars from when he went solo. BTW - great record. People shout out tune names and he tries to play a couple. Great stage presence, as mentioned earlier. Got to see him solo live and he was terrific. Great stories and you felt like you were sitting in your living room with him.

View attachment 556178

One of the first albums I coveted from my older brother's collection.

I know every breath of that recording.

Often referred to as "the 4th CSN"... Super talent.

sws1

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I doubt it's a '60, doesn't have steel inserts in the bonnet knobs, but that may not mean much.

"Summer In The City" is my favorite too, followed closely by "You Didn't Have To Be So Nice"

Your taste in music, sir, is impeccable. :cheers:

It's 9 1352

And the first half of 1960 could have had those knobs.

Lefty Elmo

Reaction score
"Rainbows All Over Your Blues" from his Woodstock performance is a gem. I heard that song recently and still remembered every word, even after not hearing it for so many years.

moreles

Reaction score
Loved the Spoonful from Day One; Kama Sutra records, no less. (Kama Sutra had an interesting stable of acts, that's for sure.) Saw them many times and they always exemplified a focus on the audience, a love of musical performance and connection, and authentic, usually joyful, emotion. Sebastian's range of composition is extraordinary -- like the Beatles, it's all songs, not genre or type or formula. His stuff ranges from jug band to blues to stuff that is almost show tunes, or orchestral, or a humble ballad. Really really musical. Matt Umanov has a nifty Waterloo Sebastian got from Bill Collings up for sale:

Sebastian Collings for sale

Latest Threads