Cheap and easy way of protecting individual pedals

eddie_bowers

Reaction score
I sometimes leave my pedalboard at home and I take an amp with a single pedal that is on all the time (generally a Boss/Fender Reverb or an old 1970s MXR boost). The problem is that I don't like using cardboard boxes or throwing the pedal sans protection about in my bag as the paintwork could easily chip. One possible solution that I have come up with is using kitchen cling film to protect the pedal and punch some holes for the jacks. This will help keep the dials in the correct place and protection from spillages and dirt. If it gets tatty, dirty or I want to change the dials, all I have to do is unwrap the film and apply a fresh couple of wraps. Cheap and easy. Is anyone else using this or a similar method?

Have a look:

View attachment 627668
These work great for this:

They may not look like the right shape but the material stretches to fit a pedal well.

Peter M

Reaction score
Is anyone else using this or a similar method?

1663171981993.png
I save the boxes, so if I had to carry just one effect it would go in the box. Boss boxes fit their pedals snugly; a good way to transport them individually.

BTW - I'd be more worried about scuffing my guitar while resting a pedal on it. ;)

efstop

I render not the posterior of a rodent
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a few used pedals that don't have a box. All the ones that have a box are in them. I'm a collector, not a player :D

Latest Threads