Charvel pro mod San Dimas style 2 (Tele) vs style 1 (Strat)

San Dimas Style 2 or Style 1

• San Dimas Style 2 - Natural Ash

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • San Dimas Style 1 - Charcoal Grey

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

DylanLP

Reaction score
I've bought both these models (although older models) in the past month. You cant go wrong with either one. To me, they both play the same so its would basically be down to which ever you think looks best...

I love both the guitars you are looking at.

Here are the 2 I just bought plus a VH Kramer I also got in October...

DV3thdB.jpg
Really cool selection of guitars you have there. If I had the fund I would've gone for both but currently has to be one. Which one attracts you the most and spend more hours playing?

DylanLP

Reaction score
Oh what a coincidence !!
See this thread I started yesterday... you will find my answer inside !

Wow!! What a coincidence, exactly the same guitar we're both gassing on lol... We may end up with the same one... Have you tried the San dimas style 2 for comparison or any other charvel?

Mockbel

Reaction score
Have you tried the San dimas style 2 for comparison or any other charvel?
Unfortunately no... actually I haven’t tried that one yet... store only has one and the San Dimas DK24 Charvel
I fell in love with the Charcoal Grey from pics and reviews only !

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way would I want to look at that before 5pm :D

outlawten5

Reaction score
I have a big dilemma between these 2 guitars, they look, feel and play great. Which one would you go for and why?

1. Charvel San Dimas style 2 with rosewood fretboard in natural Ash body
View attachment 419256

2. Charvel San Dimas style 1 with ebony fretboard in Charcoal grey Ash body
View attachment 419257
I think the style 1 would look better with a matching headstock

Bud Stoner

Something Something Jedi...
Reaction score
H

Holly #%*£€
This is absolute beauty... this makes me even withdraw my passion for this Charcoal Grey one... neon colors in Charvel are insane !!!

View attachment 421404

Thanks for the kind words! :cheers:

I love my Pinkie, the pics don't do it any justice and it looks much better in person.

Charvel did offer some amazing finishes; Specific Ocean (surf green metallic) the Yellow finish like @Dutchy5150 has is stupidly mega cool, Rocket Red kicks ass too. And don't forget Slime Green! Wow! :dude: :dude: :headbanger::headbanger:

I looooooove my San Dimas! I purchased it from zZounds on clearance last year and I was so giddy about finally getting one, I was actually giggling like a little schoolgirl when I was opening the box. I hope others can relate. It was my first Charvel and it was a guitar that was perfect in spec to me.

I am so very happy with it and I wouldn't hesitate to get another.

Here's another pic of mine with another pink pedal I have.

vnRw6nt.jpg

Bud Stoner

Reaction score
I think the style 1 would look better with a matching headstock

Agreed 100%!

My Pinkie would be utter perfection to me if it had a matching headstock, but with an old school white toothpaste logo.

Dutchy5150

Reaction score
I've got a pink Charvel too. A SoCal. I actually got 8 Charvels now. The fluro yellow, fluro pink, 2 snow whites and an off white, a black and 2 cherrybursts and I still plan on getting more. Hopefully the green and then orange ones are next.

I LOVE these guitars...

DylanLP

Reaction score
It was a very difficult decision but my heart swayed me to go with the san dimas style 1 in charcoal grey and for once own a guitar with an ebony fretboard. Thank you all for your advice/suggestions.

IMG_20191205_1439051.jpg

Last edited:

Mockbel

Reaction score
Congratulations dude... this is the exact same guitar waiting in the store here in Egypt... your post now is a bad teaser for me !!
GAS is hitting !!!!

DylanLP

Reaction score
Congratulations dude... this is the exact same guitar waiting in the store here in Egypt... your post now is a bad teaser for me !!
GAS is hitting !!!!
Thanks dude. You can't go wrong with these Mexican charvel guitars. I tried the slime green with maple fb, style 2 Ash with rosewood fb and this one in Charcoal grey Ash with ebony fb and all sounded and felt great.

Bud Stoner

Reaction score
Yeaaah... but I wanna do it without losing of my current guitars.. so I have to save up a little for it !

That's the best way to go.

My Neon Pink San Dimas actually represents many good things for me. I have always wanted one and the pink stood out to me. All the neons did actually. But I never could afford one at that time.

I had some gear that I wasn't using, and I sold it off to pay some bills and work towards getting a San Dimas.

Then I was diagnosed legally blind due to Retinitis Pigmentosa and then after I finished up my blind guy boot camp at the VA Blind Rehab Center in Long Beach, I had a whole new perspective on things.

I was always conservative in my guitar finish colors. I guess I was a traditionalist, but now I have a much deeper appreciation for different colors on guitars and even guitars in general. And I absolutely love the pink finish. It's much nicer in person, and as well as it can look in pics, IRL it's awesome.

So, I found mine at zZounds on clearance, and I decided to go for the 12 month no interest payment plan. I made one payment, and then I received a windfall of $$ and the first thing I did was pay it off.

My San Dimas represents a new outlook and changes in my life which are very positive. I always feel a bit giddy when I pick it up and play it, and it's always on a wall hanger next to my desk and I play it every single day. It's right there next to me all day long and I just love looking at it and I'm grateful that I can see well enough to appreciate its beauty.

Mine sounds and plays great and I have never had any issue with it at all. Other than a very slight tweak with the setup to how I personally like it, the only issue I can say it's ever had was the volume and tone pots needed a little tightening probably due to seasonal expansion and contraction of the wood and since I was in there, a quick shot of DeOxit in the pots and switch just because.

And all I do is play and enjoy it. In my humble opinion, they really are that good.

I sincerely hope you get can get one and enjoy yours as much as I do mine!

:cheers:

DylanLP

Reaction score
That's the best way to go.

My Neon Pink San Dimas actually represents many good things for me. I have always wanted one and the pink stood out to me. All the neons did actually. But I never could afford one at that time.

I had some gear that I wasn't using, and I sold it off to pay some bills and work towards getting a San Dimas.

Then I was diagnosed legally blind due to Retinitis Pigmentosa and then after I finished up my blind guy boot camp at the VA Blind Rehab Center in Long Beach, I had a whole new perspective on things.

I was always conservative in my guitar finish colors. I guess I was a traditionalist, but now I have a much deeper appreciation for different colors on guitars and even guitars in general. And I absolutely love the pink finish. It's much nicer in person, and as well as it can look in pics, IRL it's awesome.

So, I found mine at zZounds on clearance, and I decided to go for the 12 month no interest payment plan. I made one payment, and then I received a windfall of $$ and the first thing I did was pay it off.

My San Dimas represents a new outlook and changes in my life which are very positive. I always feel a bit giddy when I pick it up and play it, and it's always on a wall hanger next to my desk and I play it every single day. It's right there next to me all day long and I just love looking at it and I'm grateful that I can see well enough to appreciate its beauty.

Mine sounds and plays great and I have never had any issue with it at all. Other than a very slight tweak with the setup to how I personally like it, the only issue I can say it's ever had was the volume and tone pots needed a little tightening probably due to seasonal expansion and contraction of the wood and since I was in there, a quick shot of DeOxit in the pots and switch just because.

And all I do is play and enjoy it. In my humble opinion, they really are that good.

I sincerely hope you get can get one and enjoy yours as much as I do mine!

:cheers:

Fantastic story thanks for sharing. Your pink charvel looks great and standout for sure. Pure 80s rock machine :headbanger:
The sound on these guitars are monstrous and so much fun to play :cheers2:

Last edited:

diogoguitar

Reaction score
I think if you're doing a model w/ floyd I'd go with a strat style.
I like teles a lot, but to my eyes a tele asks for a fixed bridge. this is personal preference

I do dig this tele though.

Latest Threads