Channel switch and turn on effects pedal at the same time.

Markfresh

Reaction score
Hi,
Im getting a amp head that has normal and top boost channels.
I have a a/b pedal to use to switch channels.
I want to run my pedals thru both channels as needed (thats the easy part )

What i want to do swap from normal channel with distortion pedal on, to top boost channel distortion pedal off with 1 pedal press.
This could be done by putting the distortion between the a/b box say "a" output and the normal channel, but that puts my distortion after my delay and flanger etc int the chain which i dont want.

I know this is possible with a effects switcher such as a moen pxl pro but there like $450 here, or the moen jnr for like $250, problem is i dont need all that and they are to big to fit on my pedal board.

So my question is how do i do it?
The closest i can get is run my distortions thru a spare mini bypass and put it next to the a/b and try to stomp both.
Or try to diy something that sits on both pedals like a bridge to press both at once.

Im not sure if a boss ls-2 line selector would do it?

And as i said before i want to keep my distortion pedals near the beginning of the chain and also be able to still switch them on/off in either channel individually.

For eg, comp> wah> OD-1> DS-1> rat> flanger> delay> a/b >> normal channel .....................................( (on/off) ).....................................................................
'''''''''''''''comp> wah> OD-1> DS-1> rat> flanger> delay> a/b >> boost channel

Thanks Mark

freefrog

Reaction score
So my question is how do i do it?
The closest i can get is run my distortions thru a spare mini bypass and put it next to the a/b and try to stomp both.
Or try to diy something that sits on both pedals like a bridge to press both at once.

Im not sure if a boss ls-2 line selector would do it?
Hello,

I've several pedalboards (one per amp).
Those for my Fender and Vox amps need me to do what you say: I stomp on two switches in the same time when I want to go back & forth from clean to drive.
I don't find it really more complicated to use than my other pedalboards programmed to command effect groups with a single switch.
If it was too annoying, I would use a 4PDT footswitch to build a dedicated hardware looper.

Now & AFAIK, the Boss LS2 is buffered. Boss buffers are decent enough to avoid problems in most cases but if your FX chain already contains many buffers, it might add some unrequested hiss and tone coloration. That's all I'll say about the LS2.

Good luck in your quest. :)

Markfresh

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply ,
I was thinking I could get a 1" X 1/2" bit of wood and drill 2 holes underneath that fit over 2 pedal button switchers .
So then if I press the right edge I can switch amps or press left edge I can turn distortion on/off, and press the middle both do both.

freefrog

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply ,
I was thinking I could get a 1" X 1/2" bit of wood and drill 2 holes underneath that fit over 2 pedal button switchers .
So then if I press the right edge I can switch amps or press left edge I can turn distortion on/off, and press the middle both do both.
Well, I've built once a system allowing to mechanically enable a hardware loop AND one effect in it (that I didn't want to leave "on" all the time): it wasn't more convincing for me than stomping on two switches with one foot.
But maybe your tinkering will work better than mine. Let us know ... :cool:

Markfresh

Reaction score
Ok so i had a go,
I took a bit of wood, drilled 2 holes in the bottom deep enough to cover the buttons and still allow the buttons to depress.
I the put some velcro dots to secure it just incase it got kicked instead of stomped, painted it and whacked a sticker on it.
And bobs your aunty.
It works.
I will try the connector for a bit then take it off and try without it again , and if i still like it better then ill make one out of aluminium or similar.
Also i find its spaced far enough apart that it stops engaging both pedals by accident.

Attachments

Latest Threads