Change in Custom Shop Les Paul Junior and SG Junior Cases

lawrev

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've noticed that some of the Custom Shop Les Paul and SG Junior cases are now coming in a black/gold combination now, along with a black covered CoA. This looks like the shift from 2020 to 2021 years. Anybody hear of a reason for these changes? Thanks.

lawrev

Reaction score
A search on Reverb just now for Custom Shop SG Juniors at Chicago Music Exchange, Music Zoo, and Rainbow Guitars (Tucson, AZ), show a new black /yellow Custom Shop case with those guitars. For starters...

Gold Tone

Reaction score
Cases are changed for a few models

SGs now have 60’s style yellow lining

Cool!

SFK

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Do the guitars fit in them or do you still have to put a cloth underneath the end of the body so the neck doesn't stick up?

Tim Plains

Reaction score
My 2020 Jr has this case, I didn't think anything of it, guitar fits fine.

lawrev

Reaction score
Do the guitars fit in them or do you still have to put a cloth underneath the end of the body so the neck doesn't stick up?
I purchased a Custom Shop Junior with the brown case from a major retailer, but returned it (among other reasons) because the guitar didn't sit properly in the case. According to that store, this is a problem that Gibson Custom has with Junior cases. The new Custom Shop Junior I have now has the brown case and it sits perfectly in the case. The other case was simply a shoddy one, which should be unacceptable in a $3000-4000 guitar.

SFK

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I think they just ship them in standard Les Paul cases. At least back when I got mine it seemedthat way. (‘01 and ‘06)

Last edited:

Latest Threads