Chance to buy a Les Paul Traditional

BruceVibrato

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this would be best asked in a general forum but it does concern a Les Paul. I spotted a fairly good deal on a local 2017 Les Paul Traditional so I asked the guy why he's selling. He replied that he was a die hard Fender guy. He also mentioned that he got it from a Widow. I looked him up and he is fairly well known and truly is a Fender guy. And he probably was trying to help out a friend going through tough times. My question is, would you guy's be comfortable buying a deceased person's guitar? Some people might be freaked out by this and myself, I'm not really sure either way. Not trying to be disrespectful, I didn't ask him any details of the previous owners demise but that could certainly be a factor to weigh in on. And to some of us that may be getting past the half century mark, it might be considered a bad omen. I could see if it was a family member or a close friends guitar but a complete stranger....I don't know. So what do you guys think you would do. Thanks

Side Burns

Reaction score
You may be thinking too much about it.

Its a guitar, if it plays, feels and looks good at a good price pick it up. If you take care of the guitar it will eventually go to another guy.

Would anyone feel bad about having a vintage 1959 les paul sold at an estate sale.......likely not.

If it really bothers you then move on and forget it. I would like to think your hands ears and gut will lead you to make the right decision.

How does it play & feel?

BruceVibrato

Reaction score
You may be thinking too much about it.

Its a guitar, if it plays, feels and looks good at a good price pick it up. If you take care of the guitar it will eventually go to another guy.

Would anyone feel bad about having a vintage 1959 les paul sold at an estate sale.......likely not.

If it really bothers you then move on and forget it. I would like to think your hands ears and gut will lead you to make the right decision.

How does it play & feel?
good point. thanks

lespaulfreak93

Reaction score
You will help that person's memory live on by creating more music on a beautiful instrument which was made just for that, not to be a sad reminder. Buy it and give it another chance to sing the stories it was meant to sing. Don't be so superstitious, it's just a guitar.

BruceVibrato

Reaction score
thank you all for your thoughtful answers and wisdom. Thinking about it, I've bought many a guitar used on ebay and elsewhere and have no clue of their past. Doesn't really matter. They sound great and when my time comes someone else will be the caretaker until their time is up. I never knew anyone to pass up an awesome deal on a car that was up for sale because the owner passed on. I sure wouldn't pass on a 69 Shelby or a Hemi Cuda if they were a great deal. So in the end I apperciate all of your comments and will check the guitar out this weekend. I'd say we can now let this post rest in peace.

lakeburst

Reaction score
If you get that Trad, its honored in the hands of a conscientious guitarist.

;)