Celestion Cream Alnico 90 Watt

Mustard Caps

Reaction score
Anyone using these ?

I just ordered 1 from Sweetwater, and it will be sent next week.

I'll also probably order another 1 on a month. They will also be used in 1 x 12 cabinets.

Also will be running it through a Metro GMP45. Im currently mainly using Hemp Coned JBL E120s. Which I love. I'll probably try mixing the 2 but the JBL is 103db, and the Celestion is 100db.

ARandall

Reaction score
Its pretty high powered.......I was deciding between the Blue and Gold just a few weeks back. The gold just seemed to lose a bit of the original's charm, so as it was for a low powered application I stuck with the blue. Hopefully the cream sounds great and does all an Al speaker should.

Mustard Caps

Reaction score
From what Ive read, the Cream is supposed to work great with low powered amps, and sounds like a Blue.

Im interested in what 2 of these combined with 1 Hemp Coned JBL E120 will sound like.

2 of the Celestions will be = to 103db 1/w x 1/m. Which is what a single E120 is. So that should be a good pairing as far as db efficiency.

Mustard Caps

Reaction score
Speakers came in Saturday.

Now I have to get 2 x 1 x 12 cabinets to put them in.

Im probably going to have Mather build a couple.

Mustard Caps

Reaction score
Ive been using the speakers in 2 x 1 x 12 cabinets, with a Metro GMP45 for about a month and a half now. I took my Hemp Coned JBL E120s out of their cabinets, and took 1 of the back panels off to run semi open, and also coming through the front porting. So sound comes out front and back.

I love the sound, and they will never come out.

My only trouble with the JBLs was they made the ghosting from the low filtering in my Metro more noticeable, and with the Creams, its all but gone. Add OD and it was even more noticeable.

I didn't have this problem with my 69 Blackfaced/ODS mod Dual Showman going through the JBLs.

Creams great sound, plus the high power capacity makes a perfect combination with my amp. Even 1 of them sounds great. I'm probably going to have 2 more 1 x 12 cabinets made and run 4 x 1 x 12 and daisy chain them.. It makes it easy to haul, and the sound couldn't be any better. For me of course.

Highly recommended with either a Marshall, or a Dual Showman/Fender type amp. I bet 2 of them with a 59 Bassman circuit would kill, or 1 in a 5e3.

I also thought they sounded great straight out of the box.

But I'm dying to se what 4 x 1 x 12 of these would sound like with the Metro.

Ive also been using a Y cord and running my 2001 Fender Cyber Twin with the Metro.

ARandall

Reaction score
After this thread coming up again, I am in the process of getting a cream too - for a Deluxe Reverb.

The blue is still unused as I have only just completed my Tweed Deluxe build.

Mustard Caps

Reaction score
IMHO the Cream should be great with the Deluxe Reverb.

I also bet it would be great with the Tweed build too.

GySgtFTL

Reaction score
I'm running Golds in both my Deluxe Reverb RI and my Super Champ XD. Never used a Cream but I dig the Gold.

RAG7890

Reaction score
Well everyone knows what I think.

I am going to use one in a 112 Bogner Duende Combo & a 112 Extension Cab in my Dirty Shirley.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V3TLCEip1M[/ame]

:cheers2:

Latest Threads