CC #30 "Gabby" Cap'n & Chappers Review

PageSide84

Reaction score
This is an incredibly beautiful guitar. I love a lot of the fade patterns on the CC guitars, but I have to admit that I have a soft spot for the like-new unfaded heritage cherry burst on this. :naughty:

Video Link!

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Reaction score
The color CC30 is when seen in real life is really nice. A bit on the pricey side for CC's and it does not have the new plastics nor covers. Since these are over in the UK I can't even imagine what the pricing is on these over there. I demoed one, it's not bad but it didn't give me gas.

keith longstaff

Reaction score
The color CC30 is when seen in real life is really nice. A bit on the pricey side for CC's and it does not have the new plastics nor covers. Since these are over in the UK I can't even imagine what the pricing is on these over there. I demoed one, it's not bad but it didn't give me gas.

CC 30 Gabby is £7100 at Andertons UK.

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maple splice in the neck? :shock:

strat1701

Reaction score
Maple splice in the neck? :shock:

I think they got confused that the neck has a maple spline under the fretboard where the truss rod is. Funny how one of them starts peering at the neck when the other one said it!

Superfly53

Reaction score
I thought they sounded great.

Slight pangs of GAS...

Thomas/Sweden

Reaction score
Only 7 555 € at Thomann but then it includes free shipping. Nice.

9540382_800.jpg

Rodmac

Reaction score
$14.000 Aust bout right........... Pass

strat1701

Reaction score
this is another run where the tops I've seen do tend to get to the chevron side, which the real Gabby doesn't have at all. There is a BIG difference between the Anderton's two if you ask me. The more I saw of that video the more obvious it is. As I said the color is spot on and they did the binding color to match very nicely. But there just wasn't enough wow factor for the price they are asking, I could have gotten a decent topped one too, but the dealer would not budge a penny from MAP so I let them fleece someone else.

LPToneSeeker

Reaction score
I'm looking for one of these...specifically a light-weight one recently sold from an online dealer (Serial CC30A08x).
If you own this one or know who might, I'd love to get in touch (and purchase). :)

Funny that I've heard other Gabbys that sound/tone-wise similar to the one I am chasing (close to the one Chappers plays in the video in the OP)...but all of them online/YT clips, etc... The two I've played in person didn't seem to have what I was looking for. One was great - twangy bridge...Page-like middle, but the neck was just bland... (why can't we find all three just right?!) ha-ha

All I've seen online and in person seem to have great color and bindings as mentioned by others above and the two I played had awesome feeling '59 necks that felt right at home to me even though I prefer a slimmer, 60s. Must be the small/lack of shoulders but I forget if the bindings were rolled on these as well?!

Congrats to all who own these and enjoy to those who might check them out. Regardless of price, comparisons to other CCs, THs, etc...they seem pretty consistent in color, some have really nice tops, and tone-wise have that old-sounding Lester going on. :)

strat1701

Reaction score
.... The two I've played in person didn't seem to have what I was looking for. One was great - twangy bridge...Page-like middle, but the neck was just bland...

I felt the opposite actually, the neck had way more punch, dynamics and way better tone than the thin and twangy sounding bridge, even when driven hard with gain and some distortion. A great neck pickup does NOT get me to GAS over a guitar, I play about 90% of the time on he bridge, yeah, I'm like that :D But Gabby's neck pu was by far WAY better than it's bridge...

LPToneSeeker

Reaction score
so much for the "consistency" I thought I was seeing/hearing in the Gabby line. ;-)
...and really keeps me seeking consistency in all three positions on the SAME guitar (ha-ha).

PSA plug: still want that specific Gabby CC30A08x though...if the owner is out there/reading this! ;-) ...although maybe it's just me at this point but that one seemed to have it all (for what I am looking for).

Seek on all ye 90% bridge players as well as neck and middle lovers! :)

strat1701

Reaction score
so much for the "consistency" I thought I was seeing/hearing in the Gabby line. ;-)
...and really keeps me seeking consistency in all three positions on the SAME guitar (ha-ha).

PSA plug: still want that specific Gabby CC30A08x though...if the owner is out there/reading this! ;-) ...although maybe it's just me at this point but that one seemed to have it all (for what I am looking for).

Seek on all ye 90% bridge players as well as neck and middle lovers! :)

If it's consistency you seek in the CC line, then i HIGHLY suggest you go with a CC7 Shanks. I've owed 4 and played at least 3 others in stores, they are very consistent, and they are also very good too. The tops varying is the biggest thing between them. But the overall sound/tone, and neck profile are damn near identical on every shanks I've played/owned. If you could get a Gabby with the right top, then you'd have that but me, personally, I'd take a CC7 over the Gabby, but that's just my personal taste.

joedonner2001

Reaction score
Video comment:

"I caught my foreskin in the zip on my jeans once and didn't wince as much as I did when you guys said how much these things cost."

:lol:

PageSide84

Reaction score
Video comment:

"I caught my foreskin in the zip on my jeans once and didn't wince as much as I did when you guys said how much these things cost."

:lol:

Damn . . . I have no idea what to say to that . . other than that I have no idea what to say to that.:shock:

Latest Threads