Crotch

Support MLP Veterans & Vendors
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of the better Nicky CC's I've seen. Congrats..... Again

kingsxman

Reaction score
I still miss mine. I ended up having to sell it as I couldnt justify to the family having that much $$ tied up in a guitar. Best Les Paul I've ever played.
If anyone out there ends up with sn 009...its a good one.

monty john

Reaction score
Looks amazing...which one is #24? Or which one is it modeled after? congrats on your new guitar

Dick Banks

Reaction score
CC#24 is Nicky. And yes man I need a freaking intervention. Tbh I have lost it. I have one more coming and that's it. I've spent a small fortune. But shit I fricken love these things! Thanks man!
Great guitar!

But with all due respect, asking for an intervention here is like going to a bar to stop drinking....

:rofl:

John Dewey

Reaction score
Awesome Nicky, :cheers:....now a CC owner,......there's a lot of cool CC models.....lets hope you don't catch that bug.....there will be no stopping you:laugh2:..... but I have to admit Dewey, you're doing it right. Now enjoy those fine Gibbys.:D
I've already caught the LP bug so now that the worst part's over I should be fine. It was fun while it lasted and now I have some really nice guitars. I have to admit the bug got me good this time. Thanks mudface!

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Premium Member
Reaction score
next to the Shanks (CC7) it's the most comfortable/easy to play neck they've done on a CC.....

they (gibson) actually got the neck pretty spot on as in the real deal measurements are very, very close to the average measurements I've seen on the CC's.

IIRC these are AIII mags in the pu's (I think I recall reading that somewhere once). Very warm and punchy sounding guitar, easily in the top 5 best sounding/playing CC's. Mine has become my number 1 player pretty much.

John Dewey

Reaction score
next to the Shanks (CC7) it's the most comfortable/easy to play neck they've done on a CC.....

they (gibson) actually got the neck pretty spot on as in the real deal measurements are very, very close to the average measurements I've seen on the CC's.

IIRC these are AIII mags in the pu's (I think I recall reading that somewhere once). Very warm and punchy sounding guitar, easily in the top 5 best sounding/playing CC's. Mine has become my number 1 player pretty much.
So you have a CC24? I'd love to see it if you do. Thanks for the comment!

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Premium Member
Reaction score
So you have a CC24? I'd love to see it if you do. Thanks for the comment!
yes I have one, you can see it here http://www.mylespaul.com/threads/your-cc-compared-to-the-original.404604/#post-8535751

and hear it in these two vids-

I'm not an audio engineer so if the volume is a bit low, just crank the vid and pc volume to the max as I have no uber setup to record professionally.

cc24 first then cc2 in each video and I play the same thing on each to give an A/B

I have played and owned a lot of CC's since they came out, and IMHO it's CC24 and CC2 which have had some of the best sounding ones which hit that 'what I think a LP should sound like' tone. Yes other CC's are great players and have their own unique sound, such as CC8 and CC7, both of which I've owned as well. But raw gut punch, drive, warmth, sustain and growl CC2 and CC24 have those in spades, and why I kept just these two and sold all my other CC's. Obviously tone/play is subjective to each player, but one thing is for sure consistent, these two CC's always tend to have good tone reviews.

John Dewey

Reaction score
yes I have one, you can see it here http://www.mylespaul.com/threads/your-cc-compared-to-the-original.404604/#post-8535751

and hear it in these two vids-

I'm not an audio engineer so if the volume is a bit low, just crank the vid and pc volume to the max as I have no uber setup to record professionally.

cc24 first then cc2 in each video and I play the same thing on each to give an A/B

I have played and owned a lot of CC's since they came out, and IMHO it's CC24 and CC2 which have had some of the best sounding ones which hit that 'what I think a LP should sound like' tone. Yes other CC's are great players and have their own unique sound, such as CC8 and CC7, both of which I've owned as well. But raw gut punch, drive, warmth, sustain and growl CC2 and CC24 have those in spades, and why I kept just these two and sold all my other CC's. Obviously tone/play is subjective to each player, but one thing is for sure consistent, these two CC's always tend to have good tone reviews.
Right on, thanks strat! They both sound good in my opinion. There's some subtle differences. Very nice!

JeffH66

Pelham Blue Addict
Reaction score
I'm floored again by the beauty of this guitar. You have really bought a bunch of fabulous guitars recently. I need a job where you work. Are they hiring?

Jeff

Tomburst

Reaction score
That's a beauty of a flametop. Congrats!
I've never played one but I've only heard good things. The pups are indeed burstbucker 3 with alnico 5 magnet (according to Gibson website). Fairly hot pups. Can you give a tone report?

Last edited:

Pappy58

Reaction score
Dont' stop! Some of us can only live vicariously thru guys like you! :run: . .. But I will admit the reviews of some of these and overall impressions of the 2018s pushed me over the ledge. NGD coming soon! :wtf:

John Dewey

Reaction score
I'm floored again by the beauty of this guitar. You have really bought a bunch of fabulous guitars recently. I need a job where you work. Are they hiring?

Jeff
Thanks Jeff! I'm spending my life's savings. Lol. No actually I've spent it. Let's hope there's some left when I need a nursing home. :)

John Dewey

Reaction score
Dont' stop! Some of us can only live vicariously thru guys like you! :run: . .. But I will admit the reviews of some of these and overall impressions of the 2018s pushed me over the ledge. NGD coming soon! :wtf:
I look forward to seeing your NGD!

John Dewey

Reaction score
That's a beauty of a flametop. Congrats!
I've never played one but I've only heard good things. The pups are indeed burstbucker 3 with alnico 5 magnet (according to Gibson website). Fairly hot pups. Can you give a tone report?
Thanks Tomburst! No tone report. I'm unable to express it in words. Just a great Les Paul sound. Harmonically rich. The guitar plays really well so as a result it sounds very nice too.