Catalinbread rocks!

trapland

Reaction score
I hate pedals. I use a few, mostly to emulate time based and modulation stuff from Zeppelin, never for foundation dirt.

I have been trying to get the early Zeppelin plate reverb sound into the FRONT of my NMV Marshall for years. Then I heard the Catalinbread Talisman. It's the perfect reverb for the guy like me that wants the listener to NOT hear reverb until it's gone. Or you can have the subterranean cave thing too, whichever you like. What I did NOT want to hear was anything resembling repeats....

The Talisman nails the plate sound perfectly in a guitar pedal. I can't say how it would sound into the front end of an Uber Gain amp, but into a 4 hole JMP on 6-7 it's the freaking Grail.

Now, sorry, I can't do a clip for y'all. My new pedal came with a functional defect. I'll not go into detail, but I will say it could happen to anything and be easily overlooked. So I am a bit sad, but not too sad as a simple phone call and email and Mike at Catalinbread is taking care of it. Stellar! Any electronics can fail, I'm glad I chose to buy from a manufacturer that supports its product so well.

If anyone still needs to hear a clip, remind me here in a week or so. I'll bash out the beginning of Good Times Bad Times or You Shook Me or something, it's almost unsettling how good it is.

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Great.

On the list of things I don't need to read about on this forum, "another must-have pedal" is right up there.

Anyone got one to sell/trade :naughty:

mrfett

Gibson AF
Reaction score
they're my favorite company i think. i use the RAH, Belle Epoch and Echorec, all are life-changing.

MUSTANGCAT

Reaction score
I have the Dirty Little Secret III and it is a very clean foundation pedal. Catalinbread makes some great stuff.

kboman

Reaction score
I liked my Naga Viper a lot. A more flexible, stable Rangemaster type boost. Very tempted by the Anticthon next!

Zepp76

Reaction score
I have the Sabbra Cadabra and it's a fantastic pedal, it does exactly what it should do and more.

MUSTANGCAT

Reaction score
I liked my Naga Viper a lot. A more flexible, stable Rangemaster type boost. Very tempted by the Anticthon next!
Would you rate the Naga Viper above the Analogman Beanoboost?

kboman

Reaction score
No idea, never tried the Beanothingy. I'd assume the Naga is more flexible though since it's got both input and output gain controls, a frequency range control, is much less temperature sensitive (Si) and is less touchy when it comes to impedance.

MUSTANGCAT

Reaction score
Thanks! I'll have to further check out the Naga. I'm already highly impressed by much of what Catalinbread has to offer. The Beanoboost does have a killer tone to my ears. The Naga I need to further research.

copperheadroad

Reaction score
With my clean platform the Catalinbread DLS MKIII is Chief & in charge of the gain pedals .It's a pedal to build upon ,as if it was an amp . Again ,Sorry to hear about the lost at Catalinbread .:):shock:

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Thanks! I'll have to further check out the Naga. I'm already highly impressed by much of what Catalinbread has to offer. The Beanoboost does have a killer tone to my ears. The Naga I need to further research.
I have the Beano and it's not going anywhere, ever. But a lot of people really like the NV and it has a lot more controls. Personally, I don't feel they're needed, but I'm not a twiddler. I stick it on the board, find the spot in about 10 seconds and go.
As I understand it, the Beano is a clone with a few corrections. The NV is the same circuit with a few tweaks and added features. They're both so well-regarded, that I don't know that one is better than the other.
I could be wrong. I don't think you'll go wrong with either. If I were shopping used, I'd grab whichever came up first and be content.

Latest Threads