Catalinbread RAH settings

Boffy61

Reaction score
I know probably not many people have these yet but I suspect a few hundres/thousands will have them very soon.

Just picked mine up today and on the way to my Fender Blues Jnr and Burney Lemon Drop to see how it sounds. (I have SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers in the Burny).

Just wandered what your favourite setting was on these, what Amp you use and general thoughts on the pedal.

I'll post mine soon as I have her plugged in.

All the best from the U.K. and Happy St George's Day.

Boffy

Kalz

Reaction score
I use a Carvin MTS 3200 50th anniversary amplifier. Stock pups in my standard '06

I love the catalinbread pedal I use it all the time. I have the gain set to about 1:30/2 o'clock and that master at varied volumes ( depends where i am playing ) My treble knob is all the way up, my mids are almost cut out ( they are at about 9 o' clock )and my bass knob is at about 11 o'clock.

I Never play through my neck pup with this pedal as it gets VERY bass heavy, unless you really like that ( also i only use it if im transitioning from dirt [middle/bridge pos] to clean[neck] ). I always play in the middle position with the Neck pup tone turned down to about 7/8 and its volume at about 5/6. My bridge pup is always full blast.

This gets me to what i think is page tone material. I also noticed, it doesn't matter how loud and cranked I have the pedal, if i play softly it will ALWAYS clean up. That may just be for me :p

CHUNKYNECK

Reaction score
Mine was delivered today and i spent about 2 hours playing with it through my blues junior nos. I haven't mastered the perfect setting yet but at bedroom volume on the bj nos (master at 3, volume at 5) I set the pedal up as follows.
master 12oclock, gain at 2 o'clock, treble at 11 o'clock mid at about 1 o'clock bass at 2 o'clock. I had my ep booster turned on and placed before the RAH so i'm not sure how well this will work with your amp but it sounded good when i switched the ep off to check the sound. Maybe not the ideal settings though without the booster on. The RAH is kick ass for zep covers and i'm glad i got one. Hope this helps and enjoy that RAH when you get it home mate.:thumb:

edit, i used my classic vibe tele with these settings.

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
Only your own ears can tell you what the best settings are.

CHUNKYNECK

Reaction score
Where did you guys get your Catalinbread RAH's from, and how much were they?
I got mine from PGS, i think they where 179 minus a 25 buck sale code. They keep selling out but i noticed they recieved a new batch of painted enclosures on their fbook page. If you want one just keep checking the site and i'm sure they will be in stock again soon.

http://proguitarshop.com/catalinbread-rah.html

capt_goodvibes

Reaction score
I got mine from PGS, i think they where 179 minus a 25 buck sale code. They keep selling out but i noticed they recieved a new batch of painted enclosures on their fbook page. If you want one just keep checking the site and i'm sure they will be in stock again soon.

http://proguitarshop.com/catalinbread-rah.html
thanks mate, are you in Oz? how much was the postage?

CHUNKYNECK

Reaction score
thanks mate, are you in Oz? how much was the postage?
Yeah i'm in S.A. The postage runs about $16 bucks. Cheapest USA to AU shipping i have come across for pedals. There's a shipping calculator available in the checkout. If you sub to PGS on youtube you will get notified about the sale codes by email. They have one just about every week.:thumb:

Kalz

Reaction score
I got mine from a friend of an MLP member. That's how i got the limited edition one

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw the demos and my jaw hit the floor, it's like Jimmy Page in a box!!

Arzachel

Reaction score
got mine today its incredible the sounds out of it are something else:shock:

WolfeMacleod

V.I.P. Member
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Mine came in the mail today.
Also bought from Pro Guitar Shop. Which sucks, because I hate them and swore I'd never deal with them again.
Alas, it was the only place I could find one...

Es Paul

Reaction score
Also bought from Pro Guitar Shop. Which sucks, because I hate them and swore I'd never deal with them again.
And?

What do you think of it so far?

I just ran into the demo on youtube. Sounds unreal. I would love to have this in front of my Twin Reverb

tuco

Reaction score
What's up with PGS? Did you have some bad experiences with them?

mpsrg

Reaction score
Greetings to all.

I have a doubt about the RAH. Will it perform well with a tiny terror? I just have the TT but I´m afraid of buying the pedal and not getting the TONE.

TY to all

Boffy61

Reaction score
Greetings to all.

I have a doubt about the RAH. Will it perform well with a tiny terror? I just have the TT but I´m afraid of buying the pedal and not getting the TONE.

TY to all
Just ought a micro terror.....I'll let you know

rockguitar41

Reaction score
I know I'm reviving an oldish thread but I just have to say... I got my RAH today! And it's awesome sounding! still have to mess around with it and find the perfect settings but so far its a really great pedal. The best part about it is that it doesn't hide your mistakes, which I didn't like at first but now I realize that it will help me get better by forcing me to play more precisely than I already do! It's such a different OD than my Fulltone Fulldrive 2 which is actually quite good since I can achieve a wide range of OD tones now. Led Zeppin' it up!

gibsonguitar1988

Reaction score
My RAH just entered itself into the Top 5 Overdrives category. It'll never leave my board again... It does SO much more than it says on the box, so to speak. I use it for anything where I want a dynamic yet British tone... Less saturated than my Marshally boxes but more crunchy and British than my other boxes. I use the EQ fairly flat. Slightly above half on treble, sligthly below half on bass, half way on mids, slightly above half on gain, about half on master.

FTR, the list is as such:

Wampler Paisley Drive
Analogman King Of Tone
Klon Centaur Clone
Catalinbread RAH
Way Huge Green Rhino MkII/MXR Modified OD (tied)

And just for fun - Top 5 Distortions:

Wampler Pinnacle Deluxe
Pro Co RAT 2
Fulltone PlimSoul
MI Audio Crunch Box
MXR '78 Distortion

Latest Threads