Carvin V3m control

HCRoadie

Reaction score
It was either here or the amp forum to post this....sorry.
I have a Carvin V3m amp and a t.c. electronic Nova system effects unit. I would like to have amp channels change as I change patches on the Nova. The V3m IS NOT midi compatible. The only solution I have found was getting a VooDoo Labs Control Switcher integrated. Does anyone have any suggestions, thoughts or alternative methods to solving my tonal needs? Thank you guys/gals!

jbrew1977

Reaction score
Cruise over to carvinforum.com and ask... I seem to recall this being addressed but being as I usually don't read posts that don't apply or interest me I could be mistaken. Either way your best answers will come from there. HallwayMinstrel or Kevin Gault will likely know.

HCRoadie

Reaction score
Thank you jbrew, I started here instead of joining yet another forum. I am sure I can get some concrete answers from the Carvin fans

ntotoro

Reaction score
The Carvin would be no different than any other non-midi controlled amp, as far as channel switching goes. The switcher you mention is something you'd need, something that can have presets that both switch effects and amp channels simultaneously. Yeeeeeeeears ago, I had a Peavey Midi Pro that I used with my Rockmaster preamp (since it was non-midi), but switchers are much faster now than the Midi Pro.

You have a few alternatives, but that's the likely course you'll have to take.

Nick

Latest Threads