Carvin CT624 vs PRS Custom 24 vs SE Custom 22

soliloquy

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, especially about the holdsworth series since playing clean and clear is what I am looking for.

id also advice asking around on the carvinbbs forum. whatever pickup you have a question about, they will post info on it. sure helped me when i was looking for a tone to replicate devin townsend meets andy timmons...go figure

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
Please wait until I am done with Video #2. I will be with less gain to allow more the voice of the guitar to shine through the recording. I will also use my Vox AC15HW1 + SM57 instead of the Marshall JMD1. I should be able to do it this weekend.

That's cool. The clean sounds will be more useful, too. :thumbs:

TrueBlueFlipLover

Reaction score
id also advice asking around on the carvinbbs forum. whatever pickup you have a question about, they will post info on it. sure helped me when i was looking for a tone to replicate devin townsend meets andy timmons...go figure

I would like to take a trip to Carvin to try their gear out BUT I don't see that happening any time soon. Vacation in August will be a Very long drive to Arizona and back (about 3600 miles round trip). Oh well, hopefully soon...

armycopter

Reaction score
I am very interested in a CT6 or CT624 right now. I will be curious to see how this turns out.

hbucker

Reaction score
I'm one who isn't in love with Carvin pickups, but the C22's aren't bad. Given the fact that A LOT of folks around here strip out the stock pickups from whatever guitar they get anyway, (Gibson pickups included) I don't see slightly dissing Carvin's pickups as a big deal.

Over all, their wood and build quality are top drawer. I'd own a CT in a heartbeat. -Still not loving the pickups though...

cmh6122

Reaction score
I could not touch the quality of fit, finish, and particularly wood quality that I got with my Carvin with any Gibson or PRS I have ever touched (granted not the largest sample) that would not have cost me 1-2k more.
Didn't hear enough difference to justify spending what I did on the Carvin over what a PRS SE would go for, but buying a U. S. made instrument with the wood my CS6T was made with I can live with.

AngryHatter

Reaction score
The first clip is a rosewood fingerboard - from a tree hewn in 1977.

The second clip is oxygen free copper wire for the windings, the highs give that away, easily.

The third and fourth clip are the same guitar although the OP tried to fool us and changed strings. He went from 009s to 011s.

C'mon, can't you guys hear this?

Latest Threads