Car swerves to hit motorcycle

Shred Astaire

Reaction score
You're going to quote Wikipedia as your source?

Anyway, sure...lets go with that. How, in a court of law can you prove that this situation was "premeditated"?

Philuk

Reaction score
You're going to quote Wikipedia as your source?

Anyway, sure...lets go with that. How, in a court of law can you prove that this situation was "premeditated"?
Yes. The facts are the facts.

My thoughts on the intent behind the incident is just my opinion, I'm not interested in proving anything except that my interpretation of the definition of 'premeditation' is correct, which I believe I've done.

All the best.

Chilli

Reaction score
Both biker and car in the wrong.

But Mr I dont care needs to be made to care. Sideswiping a motorcycle with a car is a bit like shooting someone for dropping litter.

Pwrmac7600

Premium Member
Reaction score
Driver of the car was 100% wrong.
BUT, there are also alot of people on Bikes who shouldn't be. They endanger everyone on the road.
You want to ride 100mph on the parkway weaving in and out of cars, slicing between cars in traffic, yet us in cars should be the ones watching out?
If you ride a bike, please ride responsibly. i have 2 family members, and my best friend who were all responsible riders, and all had accidents due to being hit by drivers in cars, but not intentionally like this guy. wether you are in a car, or on a bike, if you drive like an ass, don't be surprised when bad **** happens.

Ermghoti

Reaction score
That's true, it's all about the intent. Premeditation is about foresight regardless of the time limit.
Correct. Guy comes home and finds his wife and some guy doing nekkid Twister. He screams, grabs a lamps, and bashes the guy in the face. Bashee dies. No premeditation.

Same guy. Same face bash. Bashee collapses in a heap. Guy yells at the unconscious guy, and hits him again with the lamp. Premeditated.

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That old guy in the car would be bleeding out on the side of the road if he pulled that move and I witnessed it. Anyone know is he was charged with anything?

THDNUT

Reaction score
That old guy in the car would be bleeding out on the side of the road if he pulled that move and I witnessed it. Anyone know is he was charged with anything?

Yes, two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The original (not stolen) video has a few million hits. The guy in the car needs to spend some quality time behind bars. The riders need to learn where, and when to pass. I have over 600,000 street miles on sportbikes, and I have to say that even though they passed on the double yellow, they were not to blame for the event.
agreed on the 4 wheeler. The driver knows when to pass, he was just intentionally being a menace. THIS is what people hate about bikes, folks. 9 out of 10 ride like jerkoffs.

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
agreed on the 4 wheeler. The driver knows when to pass, he was just intentionally being a menace. THIS is what people hate about bikes, folks. 9 out of 10 ride like jerkoffs.
some would say the same about 70 year old car drivers. :laugh2:

spitfire

Reaction score
My 2 cents. Car driver is 100% responsible for this accident. Makes ZERO difference what the motorcyclist was doing. The car driver appears to have done it deliberately.

No matter what, you do not have the right to intentionally cause an collision. In fact, where I live, and I suspect everywhere else in the USA, you have a responsibility to avoid an accident, if possible.

For example, just because you have the right of way, doesn't give you the right to hit someone who is in your way.

In this case, it appears deliberate and malicious. Though my guess is the old coot was just trying to block them and completely misjudged it. If nothing else, why would he want his own car to get damaged.

Then again, maybe he is just one mean bastard, and really was trying to cause them to crash.

In any case, he's in deep doo-doo now. Most likely wil get some sort of legal punishment. Yet, most likely it will be less than he deserves.

And, and it's my observation that most guys on motorcycles drive like dickheads. But still, doesn't give anyone the right to try to cause them to crash.