"Captain" Kirk Douglas SG

patsanger

Reaction score
Awesome guitar - I have mine on preorder.
Wolph - how's it play? Where did you order it from to get it so fast...

Rayban

Reaction score
Rayban - does yours have the signature on the case?

Yes it has the signature. Just like HowlnWolph has pictures above.

There were a couple imperfections out of the box though. The bridge volume knob was crooked and half off but that could have been from shipping. What wasn't from shipping is that there was still a heavy haze on the body from the buffing compound that thy use. Both are a very easy fix so I'm extremely happy with the guitar.

Jackster

Reaction score
Ordered mine today.....it will look great next to my roxy sg and my tweedy sg....

eazo.jpg

patsanger

Reaction score
Jackster - I preordered with Sweetwater and it will be here Thursday. I have my rep investigating why the case is not the signature case... I suggest you ask as well... because that looks like the regular SG case...

bon83

Reaction score
Ordered mine yesterday at thomann. Exept delivery date first week of december.
Damn.... but i always wanted a 3 pickup custom with the long vibrola
Wish it would be walnut coloured though
Such a beauty. Cant wait....

patsanger

Reaction score
Looks like sweetwater corrected their case images. It should be ok now... I'll find out about mine tomorrow

Freudster

Reaction score
Oooohhhh... :wow:. I want!!

When do we get the Harrison Ford 335? :applause: I'll take two!!

Jackster

Reaction score
Looks like sweetwater corrected their case images. It should be ok now... I'll find out about mine tomorrow

Yeah, I caught that when I ordered. I think they used stock images on the case. They verified mine has the signature case. I missed my delivery yesterday, fedex bringing it today... Yours arrive yet?

patsanger

Reaction score
Yup just arrived yesterday and I started a different thread with thoughts on it.
It's cool!

Dave M

Reaction score
Do these really come with an ebony fingerboard? I know that's what Gibson's web page says, but from the photos I've seen it doesn't look like any ebony I've seen before.

What do the owners say? :)

jrnic

Reaction score
Do these really come with an ebony fingerboard? I know that's what Gibson's web page says, but from the photos I've seen it doesn't look like any ebony I've seen before.

What do the owners say? :)

It comes with a rosewood fingerboard. It's really an amazing guitar. I got mine on Christmas morning from my wife and kids and have had only a few days to play it but i am very happy with it.

DSC_0181_zps7efdfda4.jpg

jrnic

Reaction score
could one of you boys elaborate on how the tog/pot operates, as far as the physical manipulation of it!
from the pics it looks like a regular toggle sw.:hmm:

The switch looks like a regular switch and operates like a regular switch BUT the toggle itself (the black plastic knob) is actually a 'volume control.' It twists both left to right and acts as the volume control for the middle pickup only. From what I have experienced so far, the switch operates like a normal one switching between the neck and bridge pickups only. The interesting part is when you have the twist knob 'off,' it acts like a regular SG/LP but you can add volume of the middle pickup in any position of the switch by turning the toggle. So I can get the bridge only (switch down) and slowly add volume to the middle pickup and the same for the neck pickup when it's on. Turn the tip all the way on and you get: Bridge/Middle (switch down) - All 3 (switch in middle) - Neck/Middle (switch up.)

Not to forget.....both the neck and bridge pickups have push/pull tone knobs for coil tapping! What an enormous amount of combinations!!!:wow:

DSC_0180_zpsbab3e0dd.jpg

Latest Threads