Caps

geezberry

Reaction score
While most of you are looking to get that vintage sound i prefer a more modern, aggressive sound. Recently threw some Duncans in my R7. Ordered some new 500k pots and 1 meg Dimarzio special taper tones. Think i'm gonna change out the Bumble Bees. Which ones, for the tone I'm after? FYI, I prefer Randy Rhoads' tone over the Allman Brothers.

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMHO if your going in that direction, it may not really matter. Your masking the dynamics of the strings anyway, The dynamics of the distortion more or less take over....(not in a bad way) I love Randy Rhodes, and Metal in general. But I tend to think that the tone knobs should be wide open anyway. It will muddy up no matter what you do...Might be better to plug it into a graphic Eq of some sort, you'll have more control.

Go with Orange Drops they are good caps for any audio.

Just another way to think about it.

Jimmi

Reaction score
Once you are dimed out alot of the suff your changing out doesn't matter. You only hear the difference when you start rolling off volume. I would go for Demarzios if you want a modern sound. My personal favorites are the PAF pros for the neck and or the bridge. I also really like the Breeds for the neck. Super distortions give you a great 70s tone. I like them better than t-tops (herrasy here I know, I own 6-7 shred guitars in addition to the vintage stuf).

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
For that kind of music, the stock ones will serve you just fine....

Latest Threads