Can't print from Chrome help

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
I pay a lot of business stuff online and print out the receipts. I also print out all the reports from my point of sale system after pulling them up on Chrome.
Been doing this forever. All of a sudden, this morning I can't do it. Tried a bunch of stuff to no avail. Goggled it and turns out its a "thing". Anybody familiar with this? This is messing with my life bad!

Chester Drawers

Reaction score
Switch it off, then switch on again.

You’re welcome.

Seriously, are you using a chrome book.? I seem to remember that they are difficult to print from. Never tried from mine.

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
PC? Open Control Panel:

Right click on your printer, select printer properties:

1570309216398.png

Click Print test page:

1570309290900.png

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
Windows 10 Settings:

Select Devices...

1570309409615.png

Click Manage:

1570309379689.png

Click Print a test page:

1570309476855.png

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
This will let you know if it is a Chrome issue or a printer install issue.

Always troubleshoot printer problems in one of those two redundant locations.

Last edited:

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
PC. Printer is installed. Test page prints. I can print forms from my folder. Just can’t print a Chrome HTML. Just started today.

BlankinLoud

Reaction score
When you click "print" from the chrome menu does the print preview page pop up?

KP11520

Reaction score
I'm not good with android phones Pop, but I suspect an update that happened in the last 24 hours is jamming you. Maybe the guys here with more experience in the depths of updates can help you roll back to the last version can coach you. Or beat on those that pushed out the update. I'm thinking you're talking about your phone?

Just saw PC. Update is still most likely the culprit in Chrome, Call Microsoft direct (Not India, LOL) Otherwise Michael will be of great help.... If you can understand him.

Last night we watched a movie and it somehow made me think of you since you love your grand kids so much. The Visit.

But fortunately your story has turned out different. LOL M. Night Shyamalan movie with all its twisted spooky with a side of humor. Stay in the lines. It works. LOL

Good luck with this.

Last edited:

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
I work in a school where all machines are Windows 10 and all default browsers are Google Chrome. There are several different copiers ranging from Dell laser printers to Ricoh copiers with printing. All of a sudden about a month ago, the staff came in and 3 people were not able to print from Chrome.

This applies to anything you attempt to print from the Chrome browser i.e. single pictures, an email, a web page, a pdf. The printers are connected and active. When print or CTRL+P is pressed, the print dialog comes up, but the preview in the main right panel doesn't draw/render and the options to set up the print in the left panel are greyed out.

Then over the course of the last few weeks, a domino effect of almost every other computer in the school started exhibiting the same behavior. There are a few left that will print successfully, but most are doing the same exact thing.
This is what I found asking. Weird that it started happening months ago and different people are being affected at different times.

I uninstalled and reinstalled both Chrome and the printer. I think I just have to wait on a fix from above.
Annoying to realize how annoying it is to have your routine screwed with.