Can't catch a fugging break.

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
That's good to hear. Thanks for updating us.

lunchbox

Reaction score
Last Friday, my wife was walking the two Chihuahuas and had a fall. Uneven sidewalk and a tumble. She's turning 66 in a week, and this has been tough. Bruised ribs, sprained wrist, pains all over, and a concussion. She's taking it really hard, and I'm afraid it's going to get her depressed.

Not looking for sympathies, just venting. She smacked her forehead really hard, and has a bad black eye. She's an awesome person, normally full of life, but right now she's struggling. Thankfully I get to work from home to take care of her.

This is after a couple days, it was worse.

View attachment 432693
Good idea posting that here. Don’t worry, we’ll totally cover for you with the PoPo.

lunchbox

Reaction score
But seriously, that sucks. I hope she’s doing better. :fingersx:

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
I'm not planning on a lawsuit, but I do plan on forcing them to fix that sidewalk. It's been getting worse for years.
I would sue and call every local media outlet and inform them. Even if you don’t go through with the suit, the attention called to it will likely increase the repair time on the sidewalk.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
You get the media involved, show them vids and pictures of her after tripping on the busted sidewalk.

There will be jackhammers and concrete saws. out there tomorrow.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
Steal uhhh I mean borrow some cones and buy some caution tape.... Close off that immediate area...

Don't say nuttiin nor let anyone see you doing it.... By that afternoon folks will be yapping about the dangerous area... Three days they'll be raising hell because the city knew it was dangerous because THEY marked the area( :squint: ) but have not done a damn thing to fix anything....

TheX

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
So,we left the trauma hospital today, and Deborah is in a live-in rehab. Super nice, fancy resort kind of place with physical/speech/occupational therapists on staff. We think she'll be there for about 7 days, then home. Unfortunately, she has to accept some changes. No driving, at least not for a while. No blood thinners to help prevent strokes if she has a bout of a-fib due to her bad heart valve. But, she's alert and alive. I'm going to make sure that the has everything possible to make her life amazing.

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
That is good news X! May she have a fast recovery.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
Cool beans, X!!!!

TheX

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
So, we get home yesterday evening, all seems fine. Around 10:00 this morning she just collapses and falls down on her butt. Massive back pain, and in and out of consciousness. Dial 911, and off to the trauma hospital we go.

Do a full body scan this time, and...

1. no new head/brain injury.

2. They find 2 fractured ribs, most likely from the first fall. This is why she's been complaining that her side hurt.

3. The discover a minor fracture of L1 vertebrae from the fall straight down today.

Apparently the fall was from a side effect of the brain injury, it causes her blood pressure to drop. The name escapes me right now. We're back home already, but she is going to have to stay off her feet, and let me take care of everything. Thankfully, I can work from home full time.

I feel so bad for her, she doesn't deserve this shit, she's an awesome person.

NRBQ

Reaction score
Last Friday, my wife was walking the two Chihuahuas and had a fall. Uneven sidewalk and a tumble. She's turning 66 in a week, and this has been tough. Bruised ribs, sprained wrist, pains all over, and a concussion. She's taking it really hard, and I'm afraid it's going to get her depressed.

Not looking for sympathies, just venting. She smacked her forehead really hard, and has a bad black eye. She's an awesome person, normally full of life, but right now she's struggling. Thankfully I get to work from home to take care of her.

This is after a couple days, it was worse.

View attachment 432693
Good Lord I'm sorry to hear this, the main thing is that she doesn't have any permanent damage and will heal. I've no doubt your being there for her with much love and support will make her healing faster and more complete. If something like this can happen just walking down the street, imagine how susceptible people that do skateboarding and bike stunts without helmets? I see vids of people on tv and youtube doing crazy things and spilling and I don't think they know how lucky they are they didn't damage their brains for life, and once you get brain damage from that it does't come back. Just a word of caution to the younger ones here. Be smart. All my best to your wife.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Ow!

Man that sucks. Busted ribs are so freakin' painful. I wouldn't wish that on someone I mildly dislike. Sounds like she needs a g-suit (for blood pressure). I have been speaking with my dad's docs about his drops in BP (like a head rush when getting up from sitting), when he is more vulnerable to fall. Gravity is not his friend.

I hope that the fact she is home again so quickly is a good sign. Again, give her our love and well wishes.

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
So sorry to hear X. Taking it slow sounds like to best way forward for your wife at the moment (including taking it slow standing up). She’s lucky she has you there. She’s also lucky you want to be there to look after her. Enjoy this time.

cheers

Reactions: Who

TheX

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
She's being a lot better about giving recovery a chance today. She's not a sitter, this is not a happy time. I feel better now though. I can relax a bit and just take care of what she needs.

My Les Paul Classifieds