Can't catch a fugging break.

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Ugh! A concussion is serious business. Looks damn painful.
No joke! When I was a teenager, I got a mild concussion during one of our last hockey games of the season. Still had headaches from it, at the beginning of the next season. Wouldn't wish one on my worst enemy!

X, hear's to her speedy recovery!

Reactions: Who

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surrrrre she "tripped" while "walking the chihuahuas"
drevil.png

Just pulling your leg pal.

I will pray for her speedy and complete recovery.

rogue3

Reaction score
Well, things got worse. She feel in the kitchen earlier, and hit her head on the stone floor. A lot of blood, so I called 911. They did a new CT scan and she has swelling, and bleeding on her brain. The fall was probably caused by swelling from the fall on Friday. I came home to make sure the dogs are settled, eat some dinner, and I'm heading back to the ICU. They're going to do another scan in a few hours to see if there is any active bleeding. If so, then surgery is next.

This fucking sucks. Thanks for letting me vent, I have to be positive around everyone here. It isn't easy.
oh shit man.godspeed to recovery.

my ex had this happen years ago.turned out she has glaucoma with vision issues, why she fell.prayers for you and her.

rogue3

Reaction score
things will get better...have faith.prognosis is good!!

a little laugh for you,my friend, humor is the best medicine..now that full princess mode is justified,time for your turn to go....

rcole_sooner

Reaction score
Tell her not to take it hard. I know from all my running on sidewalks ... sidewalks are not to be trusted. They conspire with trees ... a tree hangs a branch low, and a sidewalk inches a section up to get the trip. I've banged myself up many times on these.

Speedy recovery wishes to your wife!

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not totally relevant, but I just watched a show on a NHL hockey player that retired because of lasting effects of a few concussions.

If she says she feels better and life is fine, don't believe it and watch for signs. Things can be long term....

Symptoms range from mild to severe and can last for hours, days, weeks, or even months.

Common signs and symptoms of a concussion include:

• A headache or a feeling of pressure in the head
  • Temporary loss of consciousness
  • Confusion or feeling as if in a fog
  • Memory loss surrounding the traumatic event
  • Dizziness
  • Ringing in the ears
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
  • Slurred speech
  • Delayed response to questions
  • Appearing dazed
  • Double vision
  • Fatigue

• Wow

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That's rough man....hope she has a quick recovery.

KP11520

Reaction score
All the BEST for the BEST and feeling good again!

TheX

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
Sitting in her room, with a chromebook and Sprint hotspot. She's finally sleeping so I'm talking to my second family, and trying to be OK. This is the only place I've shared this info, love you guys!

TheX

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
It may be 6 weeks before we know the extent of her recovery. She has no indications of any loss of motor skills, and she can talk, etc. She's just confused sometimes, kinda a lot of times. There is still swelling and blood that will get better. What I wasn't prepared for was how deeply sad I am. I need to get that in check before it becomes a real issue. I can't sleep so I'm going to sneak off to the gym for a couple hours. That will definitely help.

Thank you for listening, I sincerely appreciate all of you.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
Look to the bright side of the street.

She is doing well and recuperating and has you to care for her...

A bit of confusion is understandable....

I once tried to take the ass end and fin off of the back of a 60's Ford Wagon.....with my face...at a pretty good speed....
Short version, nurses had all mirrors taped over for days and I could see in right eye kinda sorta after a couple weeks...

Always look to the bright side as there is always one there if one looks... Be thankful.....

Now go burn off some energy and such at the gym......

Bike will be good.... S T A T I O N A R Y bike... Ground level and shit... Just sayin.... ;)

KP11520

Reaction score
It may be 6 weeks before we know the extent of her recovery. She has no indications of any loss of motor skills, and she can talk, etc. She's just confused sometimes, kinda a lot of times. There is still swelling and blood that will get better. What I wasn't prepared for was how deeply sad I am. I need to get that in check before it becomes a real issue. I can't sleep so I'm going to sneak off to the gym for a couple hours. That will definitely help.

Thank you for listening, I sincerely appreciate all of you.

All we can say is Hang In There! You have lots of real reasons to be hit harder than you ever expected. Life sometimes can be fragile. Who'd think just taking your pup for a walk could be this devastating. But, I hope you can see how much light there is at the end of the tunnel. Some don't get that!

Hope is not a strategy, but it certainly is on the horizon!

mdubya

Reaction score
X, I don't have much useful to offer, just my support.

It sounds like you are where you need to be to get the best help.

Peace and strength to get through this.

My Les Paul Classifieds