Cant believe this one hasnt sold yet

wildhawk1

Reaction score
Its not evryday someone can fork over 2 grand for a used amp that would fill a stadium.
This^^^

Unless you play LARGE venues and have a roadie on the payroll the whole head/cab thing is a dying breed.

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
This^^^

Unless you play LARGE venues and have a roadie on the payroll the whole head/cab thing is a dying breed.
Maybe you're right, but damn this amp sounds fantastic. If mine were lost or stolen, I'd buy it again.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
As I understand it, most Friedman’s sound really good at lower volumes. Maybe not whisper quiet, but small clubs and up.
And you’ll never not have enough.
I’ve had my 50w 800 for 20yrs, most of them as my only amp. I played lots of low-volume stuff, and never showed up under gunned. And it’s still got the original MV circuit, which works fine, but it’s nothing to write home about at “bedroom volumes”.
Do I need 50w?
Rarely, but it does happen.

tazzboy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm surprise Joey you haven't snagged this amp

Tobin1634

Reaction score
So I was interested in this amp, but after listening to you tube demos, thought that it didn't quite have enough gain for me the way the BE-100 does (and now BE-50). I am basically hoping I can snag a used BE-50 in about a year once I have saved up enough money for it and a cab as well.
Am I wrong about the gain staging of this PhilX amp? To be clear - the BE-100 on the BE channel with gain about 7-8 is THE sound for me.

Latest Threads