Cannabis Is Now Legal In Canada

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't really consider pot "harmless" I worked with a kid at my last job and he came in ok but he smoked 24/7 after a couple years he developed this real bad, hateful attitude toward pretty much anything and everything. I tried to reason with him and cheer him up, but to tell you the truth I felt really sorry for the kid ... he was short-changing himself from life ...
If it wasn't pot, I bet it would have been something else. Some people are just like that.

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
I haven't been keeping up with how it all worked out but last i heard a household was able to grow 4 plants for themselves ?. I can easily get a pound a plant or more, it's quite easy to grow and i can't see using 4 pounds a year. Who'd ever need to buy any ?? I can see a green Christmas coming lol.

I don't expect a big rush to the weed stores tomorrow at all.

NewDayHappy

Reaction score
Pot was always something I could do or not do, take it or leave it kind of thing. I've smoked very very light amounts twice in 6 years. I actually prefer the legal CBD oils and capsules, swear to God, cross my heart and hope to die. I like the fact that I can take a pill or drive or go to work and just function at a very high level. The psychoactive sh*t turns people into idiots, especially the stuff today, way too strong. With that said, screw the police and government for telling us we can't do it. My body, my decision.

Subterfuge

Reaction score
I just visited the Ontario Gov't cannabis Webstore .. everything is shown in these weird boxes and plastic jars, as someone who doesn't know much about it, it looked to be very confusing and very expensive, everything seemed available so I don't think it was quite the sellout the gov't had bragged about ... I passed, it's been 30 years and I don't know if I want to open that Pandora's Box again ..

Subterfuge

Reaction score
check out the Accessories section, $2.40 for a pack of organic rolling papers and $120 for a "Genius Pipe?" I don't know, to me it looked like a normal pipe, maybe if you use it you'll turn into a genius?? I dunno' .... I guess I feel sorry for the kids who embrace this " cannabis culture," to me it just seems like they're getting sucked into a money pit ...

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Hah, it's more like one in ten. :p
n, as I tell Mrs. FEZZ,
"Most are dregs,worms, BUMS here in this wwwwooooouuuuuurrrrrrrrdddd.....they are sidemen/sidewomen---they need to use their boats, $,kids as "props.".......so glad I'm a KING."

So easy, sit around picking lint, parroting sound-bites..........here smoke this ----RAH RAH---cheer on your local sports team----create ART? No thanks, I'd rather FFFAAAARRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTT>>>>

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Me too. I just can't help but feeling that hopefully now that the potheads got what they want we can move on to the serious business of running the country and get rid of Mr. Trudeau.
Actually, it's quite the opposite.

I'm definitely not the "tin-foil hat" type, but I see stuff like this (legalization), as just another form of "control".

Here in the states, we (non-pot smokers) kept telling everyone who was pro-legalization, to "be careful what you wish for", because the gov. was going to basically squeeze every last penny they could out of the taxes. They laughed, and thought it was a complete joke.

Now, guess what? Most of them are now bitching about the ridiculously high prices, and just continue to buy off-the-street stuff, which is completely illegal.

Another thing they fail to (or just flat-out don't care) realize is, even if legal on the state level, is still illegal on the Federal, and it's just a matter of time, before the DOJ decides to rain on their parade.

I'm all for people being able to do what they want, as long as they're not hurting anyone, but I'm also smart/sober enough to know, that if the gov. has their hands in it, it's definitely NOT in the interest of the people. And seeing as how most of them are literally stoned 24/7, it's just going to continue.

There are a lot of other reasons for it being a bad idea (mostly due to where/who most of this stuff actually comes from), but I won't go into all of that.

Last edited:

Subterfuge

Reaction score
the whole scene is confusing, on the site boxes are slathered with labels such as WARNING: Up to half of people who use cannabis on a daily basis have work, social or health problems from using Cannabis. and WARNING: Regular use of cannabis increases the risk of psychosis and schizophrenia. and the next frame is touting the benefits of something called " Ghost Train Haze" at 24% THC Content .... I mean is the stuff safe or is it not safe ? I can't quite get a clear answer form the gov't info

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Black coffee should be illegal, I just drank 6 cups, I feel revolt in my ears.

Here, in Pa, you get it for Med , you go on THE LIST. Fools believe weed is "embraced", it will never be. Get hurt at work,

"Hmmmm, weed in his system, no comp for you."

Get pulled over by COPMAN,

"Oh I see he is a Med Mary man-piss him-raise revenue.......

Legal, yes, a foot in the door for THE MAN=double yes.