Cannabis Is Now Legal In Canada

matthew bear

Reaction score
maybe no "tragic consequences" ( I agree actually ) But there sure are a hell of a lot more dirty street 'kids' begging all over capitol hill these days. And 99% of em stink like the bottom of your older brothers caked-up bong. Petty crime is pretty bad right now. Car break ins, package theft, etc.
Fair enough, I'm a far cry from that kind of environment... I appreciate the counter point. I live where they grow it, a lot of cherries have come out to grow weed. Some people hate the smell, I kinda like it in a weird way :eek2:

Malikon

RIP Atomic Punk
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I should clarify, I really don't think it's a big deal and people should be free to do whatever they want. I just know so many people that have sort of ruined their life in ways because of weed. It definitely made them lazier and unmotivated and the kind of people that blame the world on all their problems instead of the fact they sat on their ass getting high their entire life and accomplished nothing. It's not the worlds fault they're stoners and...well...lazy loser bums. :laugh2:

And when I say it's cringey seeing older people smoke it, I mean in the sense if you saw a 60 year old guy going, "WHOOOO PAR-TAY!!" Chugging a keg in a red Solo cup and playing Beer-Pong like a teenager,..well you'd probably think it's cringey. It's embarrassing past a certain age to act like a kid.

It's why I don't have dreadlocks and wear big baggy pants anymore, I grew up.

But if people want to smoke, more power to them. I don't think it should be illegal.

I do think people forget that it is a drug though, it's not the harmless and innocent thing some people like to make it out to be. I've seen it take over peoples lives to the point all they ever want to do is smoke weed, all day every day.

And they are mean and cranky as FUCK when they don't have weed. To the point everyone around them has to suffer because they have an addiction.

And it was seeing all that that finally made me decide I don't ever want to smoke it again. I smoked it when I was young, but I wouldn't want to smoke it now.

For a long time I saw it as a harmless thing and, "not a drug"...but it is definitely a drug. If people want to do drugs that's their business though.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I just know too many people that smoke and want to smoke all the time and it's like their whole life revolves around it. It's depressing and stupid.
That's my experience too. They say that there are no side effects but I disagree. The types you describe that smoke all the time all have one thing in common as far as I can tell. Zero ambition.

Howard2k

Reaction score
I smoke. Regularly but not constantly. I go with out it for periods too and without effect (except a reduction in tolerance).

My biggest concern is buying online and having my details leaked. For that reason I’m stocked up for a while already and likely won’t be purchasing for a while until there is a store front where I can pay cash. Those store exist already, there are five in walking distance from my place, but they won’t be legal until April next year.

So midnight is meaningless in that regard. But it’s a great move all the same.

There will be those who abuse it, unfortunate, just like alcohol. But I’d rather my kids wake up with Doritos all over the floor after forgetting to brush their teeth than getting in a car drunk and doing stupid shit.

Responsible usage is still key.

Malikon

RIP Atomic Punk
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I agree. And I think part of that is not treating it like it's harmless. Which (imo) is what's been going on here in the States since the 90's.

People preaching that alcohol is evil (which it sort of is) and that weed is harmless. Weed isn't harmless.

I hate getting into the car with someone that just smoked up. I just want to be like, "So fuck my Life, huh?"

But people will be like, "I just smoked, it's not like I've been drinking."

Subterfuge

Reaction score
I smoke. Regularly but not constantly. I go with out it for periods too and without effect (except a reduction in tolerance).

My biggest concern is buying online and having my details leaked. For that reason I’m stocked up for a while already and likely won’t be purchasing for a while until there is a store front where I can pay cash. Those store exist already, there are five in walking distance from my place, but they won’t be legal until April next year.

So midnight is meaningless in that regard. But it’s a great move all the same.

There will be those who abuse it, unfortunate, just like alcohol. But I’d rather my kids wake up with Doritos all over the floor after forgetting to brush their teeth than getting in a car drunk and doing stupid shit.

Responsible usage is still key.
that's it, you summed it up perfectly ..

Shred Astaire

Reaction score
The unmotivated slacker is quite the stereotype. It exists, yes, but based on my experience, not the norm.

I use cannabis daily. Not before work, not while my kid is awake, but some after she goes to bed and sometimes right before I go to bed. :) I've been gainfully employed at the same company for 20 years, and have won numerous leadership and performance awards and am very happy with my career trajectory. I will also say that my employer is quite happy with my performance, getting consistent raises every year.

I don't drink anymore except very rarely. I was much more a bag of shit after having a beer or two in the evening than when i smoke or vape.

I don't immerse myself in "pot culture"....i hate any logos with weed leafs, or 420 in it, and i think legalizing it will help normalize it's use to where we realize that MOST people who use it are not hippie shitbags joking about 420 constantly.

I see MANY Directors, VP's and even CEO's and business owners who are smokers. They just don't broadcast it and so you assume they're straight, or just doing the usual cocaine lol!!!

cjpeck

Reaction score
Fair enough, I'm a far cry from that kind of environment... I appreciate the counter point. I live where they grow it, a lot of cherries have come out to grow weed. Some people hate the smell, I kinda like it in a weird way :eek2:
The raw unburned smell? actually it's kinda pleasant. The burning odor? Smells like ass. That's just me, YMMV

The dirty punks running around shitting in the bushes and pissing in the street, and I'm not exaggerating one damned bit, would be doing the same thing even if rec. weed was still illegal here. They'd just be doing it somewhere other than my neighborhood. I'm hoping they get the jones for that killer BC bud and head north ASAP.

The guy twisting one up on a saturday night with his buddies while watching the game? That dude's fine.

Funny how people think that they're gonna head to the land of promise and 'grow weed and be constantly high and have plenty of money for doritos' end up with a rude awakening when they see the capital needed to break in.

Malikon

RIP Atomic Punk
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
@Shred Astaire In my experience it has been the norm though.

Not that I don't know people who smoke who (just like you), are very motivated and work hard and are successful. It just hasn't been the norm.

It's more like out of 20 smokers, 2 of them are motivated and hard workers, and 18 of them are couch dwellers who hate the world and blame everyone else for the fact they've accomplished nothing in life.

I guess I just dislike weed culture and the pot-head life and all that stuff. It does seem like since the 90's it's been normalized in sort of an unhealthy way.

Subterfuge

Reaction score
NY is taking its sweet time legalizing it. The northern NY local news is warning people about crossing the border to toke and wear a Toque.

This is a toque:
[/QUO
yep, a Toque and a Denim Tuxedo is the preferred attire in Canada, dressed like this anyone will fit right in ..

redjunior

Gak!.... Bozos!
Reaction score
Hey, no dissing Washington, Fro what I've seen (even downtown Seattle) is we have more tweakers than stoned potheads... And I would rather deal with a munchie crazed pot smoker than a tweaker anyday...

Latest Threads