Cannabis Is Now Legal In Canada

Malikon

RIP Atomic Punk
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Me too. I just can't help but feeling that hopefully now that the potheads got what they want we can move on to the serious business of running the country and get rid of Mr. Trudeau.
I know little of my neighbors politics and don't live there so really have no opinions on it. :thumb:

Yeah I have nothing really against weed, I'm not thumping a black book and shouting about damnation or anything. It just seems like kid stuff to me nowadays. Like it's something you're supposed to outgrow.

Maybe if my family were different I'd feel different. But I hate seeing "grownups" acting like teenagers. Past a certain age it's just cringey and embarrassing.

To each their own.

(I swear I've become the Alex P. Keaton of my family. "Damn Hippies!" Not sure when that happened, but it definitely happened. )

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I know little of my neighbors politics and don't live there so really have no opinions on it. :thumb:

Yeah I have nothing really against weed, I'm not thumping a black book and shouting about damnation or anything. It just seems like kid stuff to me nowadays. Like it's something you're supposed to outgrow.

Maybe if my family were different I'd feel different. But I hate seeing "grownups" acting like teenagers. Past a certain age it's just cringey and embarrassing.

To each their own.
I get what you're saying. I don't see the average older user as a Cheech and Chong stereotype.

Subterfuge

Reaction score
even though I haven't decided if I'll eventually indulge or not, there's a kind of excitement in the air tonight in Canada ... almost feels like it's Christmas Eve or something ... strange .. I imagine tonight at midnight there will be 10,000 people sparking up in unison, celebrating the end of 100+ years of prohibition ...

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Look, if we're talking about these douchebags who 'celebrate' and lionize weed (Mr. Marley and Mr. Tosh aside), we are in agreement. But if we're talking about the average user who most would not even suspect was using, I would not call them a 'pothead'.
I will agree with that. I was refering :fingersx: to the degree (the same end of the scale you called drunks) I have no issue whatsoever with anyone smoking weed. It's the people I know that are stoned all the time, always carrying on about it and are completely immersed in pot culture.....potheads.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I will agree with that. I was refering :fingersx: to the degree (the same end of the scale you called drunks) I have no issue whatsoever with anyone smoking weed. It's the people I know that are stoned all the time, always carrying on about it and are completely immersed in pot culture.....potheads.
Pot culture is ridiculous. It's just a fuckin plant.

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score

I did just that - outgrew it. I would have had to quit eventually as I was in the transportation field and mandatory testing was on its way.

At 56 if it was legal, I'd have at it again. Consumables probably … hate the feeling of smoke in me lungs. Last had weed in 1999. Liked the buzz, hated inhaling a vacuum cleaner bag.

cjpeck

Reaction score
Ouch! But he did say that a bottle lasts him a long time. So that's not the description of a "drunk". I'd rather hang out with a responsible, moderate or light drinker than a pothead any time.
Brother, you don't pound down a 200+ dollar bottle of whisky. You sip it, one finger at a time ina Glenncairn glass, once a week or even less. I have a nitrogen "system" I drink my whisky so slow. I've got nearly 20 bottles in the rack, it's more like a collection at this point.

Look, if we're talking about these douchebags who 'celebrate' and lionize weed (Mr. Marley and Mr. Tosh aside), we are in agreement. But if we're talking about the average user who most would not even suspect was using, I would not call them a 'pothead'.
If you don't reek of it (95% of all the weed out there makes someone smell like they've been recently skunked to me) and no one outside of your smoking buddies really know you toke up, you're no pothead. That ain't the kinda guy we're talking about. That guy's no different than me. And the last drink I had was the weekend before last. Can't tell you the last time I was tipsy.

Subterfuge

Reaction score
What about prohibition for other substances? Coke, heroin, meth, fentenal (sp?)....why not just stop regulating all that? Somebody wants to take it....go right ahead.
I wouldn't really consider pot "harmless" I worked with a kid at my last job and he came in ok but he smoked 24/7 after a couple years he developed this real bad, hateful attitude toward pretty much anything and everything. I tried to reason with him and cheer him up, but to tell you the truth I felt really sorry for the kid ... he was short-changing himself from life ...

matthew bear

Reaction score

cjpeck

Reaction score
Washington has been green for a few years now, and so far there's been no tragic consequence.
maybe no "tragic consequences" ( I agree actually ) But there sure are a hell of a lot more dirty street 'kids' begging all over capitol hill these days. And 99% of em stink like the bottom of your older brothers caked-up bong. Petty crime is pretty bad right now. Car break ins, package theft, etc.

Malikon

RIP Atomic Punk
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't really consider pot "harmless" I worked with a kid at my last job and he came in ok but he smoked 24/7 after a couple years he developed this real bad, hateful attitude toward pretty much anything and everything. I tried to reason with him and cheer him up, but to tell you the truth I felt really sorry for the kid ... he was short-changing himself from life ...
that's part of my family, right there.

and now when I smell someone smoking, I swear to 'G' it smells like Cat Shit to me. I don't know what it is, but it really smells like Cat Shit. ...like to the point I've gotten up and gone to check my cats box and found it empty.

I just know too many people that smoke and want to smoke all the time and it's like their whole life revolves around it. It's depressing and stupid.

Wake up? Gotta smoke.
Going to the store? Gotta smoke.
Going out to do anything? Gotta smoke.
Out having fun? They have to go home and smoke.
Finished dinner? Gotta smoke.
Watching a movie? Gotta smoke.
Before bed? Gotta smoke. ("I can't sleep without it.")

….yeah....you ever think maybe you just have a fucking problem?

"Nah man it's just weed, no big deal."

...er….whatever. :laugh2:

Latest Threads