Cannabis Is Now Legal In Canada

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I just gave a DOPESMOKER a free FEZZcd. I pull into 7/11-need more coffee. Some DOPESMOKER pullls next to me-reeking of smoke. He is listening to Kill Them All- we make eye-contact,

"Hey."
'Hey."
" Hey."
"You already said that."
"Hey."
" You like METAL, want FREE METAL?"
"Hey....ummmmmm yeah."

I hand him FEZZ cd. He sits in his car. He forgot what he wanted to buy at 7/11.

Weed does wonderful things to idiots................
I just seen DOPESMOKER again at Giant-he was buying hot dogs,

"Hey Dooooooddddd. You gave me that cd yesterday."
"Yes."
" At first I hated it.......then I popped some pills...sounded REAL good, like a PUNK Metallica."
"Yes, that is the goal."
"Ahhhh....you want to play a party in December? Free drugs."
" I usually ask $97,000."

He stood there, mouth agape

"Listen, you get my drummer+bassist wasted, I'll play for donations for the cat shelter."
"Ddddddooooooddddd, I love cats."
"Ok, give me your vitals."
"Uuuummm I'm 5 ft 8....167.
"No, your address, phone #."

HE DID! I could be a serial FEZZ!

'What day is the party?"
"My birthday."
"Which is."
"Dec 14, 1990."
"You want me to time travel?"

He stood there-dumb as 11 drunks.

"I'm kidding. We'll be there Dec 14 2018."
"CCCCCOOOOOOooooooollll."

Will he remember this? He better be ready, FEZZband will be at his house at 5AM EST Dec 14.

DRUGS ROT MINDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Well, you gotta love this story.

Edmonton Girl Guide sells out of cookies in cannabis store lineup

As Edmontonians lined up to buy legal cannabis from retail stores on Wednesday, Elina Childs saw a business opportunity.

The nine-year-old Girl Guide and her father showed up at Nova Cannabis just south of Whyte Avenue, pulling a wagon filled with top-shelf munchies: sandwich cookies and mint thins.

She sold all 30 boxes in less than 45 minutes, earning $120 for Girl Guides.

"It amazed me how quickly they went," said her dad, Childs. "Even people in cars driving on the avenue there would stop and roll down their window and ask for cookies."

Elina had to go back to school Thursday, so she couldn't come to the phone to talk to CBC News. But Seann Childs said his daughter has previously sold cookies door to door in their neighbourhood. People aren't always home, Childs said, so it's not always successful. Last year, Elina was bitten by a dog.

Her dad came up with the idea of selling Girl Guides cookies to customers in line for legal cannabis after hearing that Guides had used similar sales tactics when cannabis was legalized in California.

He asked Elina if she'd want to try, and said she was excited to give it a shot.

Elina has cystic fibrosis, so she usually can't be around people who are smoking. But Childs said he saw it as an opportunity for her to benefit from smoking for one day — and demystify cannabis legalization.

"We were looking at it as an opportunity to educate her on what marijuana is and the fact that it's legal in Canada now," Childs said.

The pair walked up and down the lineup, which stretched around the block the entire day. Elina got to see that those looking to buy cannabis weren't just one type of person, Childs said.

They met people of all ages; some with their dogs.

Childs said his daughter has always had an adventurous entrepreneurial spirit.

"Everybody we met was incredibly friendly, it was a great atmosphere and there was not a single thing going on in that line that I saw that I would just say, 'Oh, my god, I need to shield your eyes from this,'" he said.

"Everybody was respectful, everybody was happy, and she walked away from it as this incredibly positive experience as well as selling out all her Brownie cookies. She can go and be happy that she'd done that and help support the Guides too."

Frogfur

Reaction score
First thing is, you got to get the terminology right. Its not "Cannabis"
It's pot or weed or dope, or you'll be branded untrustworthy. Next you have to know certain terms like "Panama Red", "California Gold" and stuff like that so you sound hip.
Lastly, you should start listening to "One Toke Over the line" which would be appropriate.
Better add that to the,set list now ..
Substitute sittin' down town at the "police station" for sittin' downtown at the rail "road station."

Last edited:

Olds442

Reaction score
i'm so proud of you Canada!

years, i mean 15 years ago i was in Vancouver BC and visited the "cannabis cafe".
they didn't sell weed inside, just pipes, hats etc. but you could buy it from the kid out front in the Jordan jersey for $5. killer shit.
i tought the kid a magic trick (legit, not a joke) and gave the trick to him to use and mess with people. he was cool.

so i always kind of thought canada was (more or less) okay with it anyway. they did raid the place, they had a video of it going in the store. but they let you smoke in the cafe part and made great coffee.

mrdannyboy

Reaction score
mr, gets the double quotes-YOU WIN. Good luck with the album. I have two- 1993- put it out on cassette-recorded on 1 1/4 inch reel to reel. GREAT album, it was going to topple Nirvana, then??????//BURN OUT! Too much vodka+LSD----and wwwweeeeeeedddddddd----Old FEZZ #1 died. "THEY" said I was toast-done- feeble-a husk-------NO! I just needed "rest." Came back after 14 years "tried" to record- found new FEZZERS---drummer went mad-only 5 songs done-bassist died---or so I thought----

2014---Bassist is alive-reform FEZZband, find a drummer who lives in a carwash! Record BEST ALBUM of 2000's in 2016

We made 500 copies. Gave them out FREE! Now, 2019 new album=The Sun is a Ghost- even better than Devil Drinks----BEST ALBUM OF 2019!

Joe? No thanks. Redoing Life's Been Good as a recovery song? I saw Joe at Great Adventure-he was stoned-ended the show laying on his back! One of the best guitar shows I've ever seen. "Cuddly" Joe= JUNK. I grew up with SEX+DRUGS+R+R.......you want to be a Daddy Rocker fine, I'm not buying.
Awesome 2019 year of old fezziwig? That’s what it’s called I’m right sure I read that somewhere

Last edited:

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
i'm so proud of you Canada!

years, i mean 15 years ago i was in Vancouver BC and visited the "cannabis cafe".
they didn't sell weed inside, just pipes, hats etc. but you could buy it from the kid out front in the Jordan jersey for $5. killer shit.
i tought the kid a magic trick (legit, not a joke) and gave the trick to him to use and mess with people. he was cool.

so i always kind of thought canada was (more or less) okay with it anyway. they did raid the place, they had a video of it going in the store. but they let you smoke in the cafe part and made great coffee.
There's a neighbourhood in Toronto called Kensington Market and there's a similar coffee shop called the Hot Box Cafe. They've been running a 'don't ask, don't tell' business for over a decade with no busts whatsoever. The place remarkably polices itself, quite well.

We take our Grade 8's to K-Market every year for a school trip and every year I warn my students to stay clear of the place. However, one year, of course, a few boys decided to disobey and tried to sneak in. The staff immediately confronted them and kicked them out in seconds. Unfortunately for the boys, a colleague a saw them going in and was heading towards the cafe to get them. I would have loved to see those boys faces when they were forced out, only to be greeted by perhaps our most uptight staff member.

Brians Evil Twin

Poophoria Sōtō Zen
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
A modern spiritual from Gail & Dale ...

Frikkin' hilarious.

https://www.songfacts.com/facts/brewer-shipley/one-toke-over-the-line

"Some radio stations refused to play this song because of the drug references, but not everyone got this meaning. In 1971 the song was performed on the Lawrence Welk Show by the wholesome-looking couple Gail Farrell and Dick Dale, who clearly had NO clue what a toke was. Welk, at the conclusion of the performance of the song, remarked, without any hint of humor, "there you've heard a modern spiritual by Gail and Dale."

Brewer and Shipley spent 35 years trying to find the performance. They finally found a woman in Branson, Missouri who had one. Shipley posted the clip to his Youtube account in 2007, and ever since that moment, he says he's been trying to find a way to stop the automatic notifications that come in every time a comment is left on the video's page. "It just keeps filling up my email (inbox). But at the same time, I'm reticent to pull it down because so many folks like it."

defcrew

Reaction score
In my wasted youth in the early 70s we just assumed pot would be legal by the time we were 21 as it's illegality seemed so preposterous. So much for understanding the glaciality of social change. But, oddly enough, in the early 70s you could buy pipes and bongs at the local 7-11. This was in SC which isn't generally thought of as the most "progressive" place.

By the end of that decade a lot of that had been clamped down on and, of course, in the 80s--or at least by the mid 80s--conservatism re drug use was en vogue. Even the dreaded "Hollywood Elites" were in a bit of a just-say-no mode. Naturally, it was during this period that I smoked the most. The idea of smoking pot as being cool kind of came back in in the 90s it seems to me and, naturally, that's when I quit although it was all coincidental and driven by the concurrence of my first child being born. I rolled up one last joint in Oct of 89, I think, and smoked it on the front porch and went from dedicated pothead to smug and self righteous abstaining zealot in a hot Alabama minute.

Final synopsis: I've never been cool.

Dun Ringill

Premium Member
Reaction score
"what's his name?"
"His name is Ralph, man!"

The crash in Texas has the guy on pot and sedatives. The article also links to a 2017 study that shows they compared legal states to non-legal states rather than year over year in the legal states pre and post legalization and does not tie the difference to pot. Populations and driving habits are different from state to state and this could be a factor as well as population size.

The 2nd study does use same state year over year, but does not account for the population increases in those states after legalization nor does it directly tie the increases to pot.

I'm not saying it's not plausible, I'm saying they did not show it in their work.