Cannabis Is Now Legal In Canada

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hopefully i won't smell cannabis coming from a vehicle in traffic so often anymore!...my experience from 8 years of riding a bike on Toronto's mean streets.All too common at the time i was riding.Now the punishable offence will hopefully curtail this.

Funny,with the regularity i did smell it on bike along side vehicles passing by,there was never a rash of weed induced traffic accidents that could be publicized...and the media would surely jump all over it if there was. I don't expect that will change either.:hmm:
That's because you can drive on weed if you are an experienced smoker. It doesn't affect your motor skills/reaction time like alcohol.
i'm sure by now you guys must be thinking "what the hell side is Freddy G on anyway?" lol

cjpeck

Reaction score
I've noticed it too and seen the same exact thing. I've also seen them get more bitter, more crazy, more "anxious", etc.

I've seen enough to know that's not the life or future I'd want for myself.

I would pay extra to live in a non-smoking building. I don't want to be in the (apartment? condo?) I pay for and smell cigarettes or weed. I don't want that smell getting in my clothes and property either.

they both smell like shit. I'd totally pay extra to make sure the entire building I live in is smoke free.​
Yup. My place is in a non-smoking building. It's great until some asshat decides to sit on the retaining wall (I live on one of the steepest streets in Seattle) and smoke up. Cigs smell like stale ass, weed is like a skunk sprayed the neighborhood and hangs about for hours it seems, and the m'fer that visits the building across the street and walks over to stink up our apartments so his daughter doesn't have to smell it stinks up the building for days.
I don't like my place to smell like your ashtray. And I sure don't want it to smell like a college dorm room where the dork down the hallway spilled the bong water again.

The stogie fogie used to visit across the street about once a month. He always walked across the street to our side and smoke his robusto while drinking coffee and playing with his phone. The lady that lives on the first floor below me asked him if he wouldn't mind not smoking directly outside her windows. He basically told her to pound sand. So I headed over to the smoke shop on Broadway and bought the nastiest candela wrapper churchill they had and went across the street, leaned up against the wall under his daughter's apartment window, and lit up. He was out there in 2 minutes bitching about it. I told him to fuck off and smoked the whole thing down. Cop came by in about half an hour. I expained the deal, cop asked me if I planned to continue smoking cigars on the corner in the future. I said I had no plans to ever smoke another candela wrapper dogrocket unless someone sat on the retaining wall under Mindy's window and smoked her out. He had already seen my FD and SO badges (ret.) so he just grinned and went on his way. Funny part is, no more cigars were smoked under Mindy's window from then on.

Last edited:

defcrew

Reaction score
My son was born in 1990 and I had sax player buddy who was a chain smoke, may he rest in peace. I recall my wife saying, "Would you ask Leeroi to smoke outside?" As the child of a choo choo train like pipe smoker the notion that one would ask a quest to stand outside to smoke seemed really rude. By the time my daughter came along two years later he would always go outside on his own. That's how fast that whole esthetic changed. When they banned smoking in bars I was almost outraged and I don't even smoke. I thought, "Man, now they're saying you can't smoke in a bar or an outdoor football stadium???"

Now I'm like everybody else and wonder how or why it was tolerated for so long. If you smoke up a rental unit nowadays you may well be on the hook for a total repaint with Kilz under coat. Interesting point about cooking though. Not that different in terms of "damage." At the end of the day it is the never ending discussion involving manners and some of it is not smoking around people and some of it is not being a bitch because someone is smoking.

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I can see the point being made about cooking. But when I walk into a building and smell someone cooking Bacon, Fish, or Curry, (probably the 3 biggest offenders),..I think "Food", not "Cat Shit".

When I smell someone smoking weed it smells like Cat Shit.

Cigarettes I don't know what they smell like. Just bad,..really really bad. It's a very gross noxious smell. Like trying to describe what burning plastic smells like....it just smells bad.

And somehow the smell gets worse over time. Someone who smoked a cigarette 10 minutes ago smells worse than someone who smoked a cigarette 1 minute ago.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I can see the point being made about cooking. But when I walk into a building and smell someone cooking Bacon, Fish, or Curry, (probably the 3 biggest offenders),..I think "Food", not "Cat Shit".

When I smell someone smoking weed it smells like Cat Shit.

Cigarettes I don't know what they smell like. Just bad,..really really bad. It's a very gross noxious smell. Like trying to describe what burning plastic smells like....it just smells bad.

And somehow the smell gets worse over time. Someone who smoked a cigarette 10 minutes ago smells worse than someone who smoked a cigarette 1 minute ago.
Nothing worse then a damp smoker, just in from a puff in the rain. Comparable to wet dog.

parts

Reaction score
I am on Med MJ..back..neck right arm..all had enough damage to get me sliced on. Did not want to go on OXY..nor get my lower back sliced then as my nuerologist said after operation on right wrist..
"I want to spend an hour or so in your neck"

I told him..you know how many girls I said that to ?
Would be the first of SEVERAL operations.

Went to Breckenridge CO..had not smoked in 30 years or so. I slept..after two weeks I took an occasional Vike..instead of 4 a day..
I smuggled a couple ounces back to AZ..then when I still had a quarter..AZ legalized Med.

I started with heavy CBD..and a little Indica Thc..

An ounce here varies as many dispensaries are now competing..
Last 25% THC 1/2 oz on sale (Blue Dream) on Labor day sale..$75..with freebies added..chewable..a oil sample..a a free pre roll..ounces were $125. A half lasts me a couple weeks or more.

I do not know nor do I want to know street sellers..
I have tried street quality at a friends house.. Then I shared mine..
"Holy Shit" and he wanted me to get him some..not my concern..and I won't buy for others.

Been incredible for me.
I used to filter every breath though a joint. The best stuff..as I knew guys from my studio days..

I have been a NA sponsor..been to many meetings.
Never met a single person addicted to weed. In fact most of the people I sponsored , some homeless, some in half way..others..never would "waste" money on weed.. It was H or Meth that was the addiction..if they smoked a joint it was occasional..

10 years of that

Dun Ringill

Premium Member
Reaction score
I am on Med MJ..back..neck right arm..all had enough damage to get me sliced on. Did not want to go on OXY..nor get my lower back sliced then as my nuerologist said after operation on right wrist..
"I want to spend an hour or so in your neck"

I told him..you know how many girls I said that to ?
Would be the first of SEVERAL operations.

Went to Breckenridge CO..had not smoked in 30 years or so. I slept..after two weeks I took an occasional Vike..instead of 4 a day..
I smuggled a couple ounces back to AZ..then when I still had a quarter..AZ legalized Med.

I started with heavy CBD..and a little Indica Thc..

An ounce here varies as many dispensaries are now competing..
Last 25% THC 1/2 oz on sale (Blue Dream) on Labor day sale..$75..with freebies added..chewable..a oil sample..a a free pre roll..ounces were $125. A half lasts me a couple weeks or more.

I do not know nor do I want to know street sellers..
I have tried street quality at a friends house.. Then I shared mine..
"Holy Shit" and he wanted me to get him some..not my concern..and I won't buy for others.

Been incredible for me.
I used to filter every breath though a joint. The best stuff..as I knew guys from my studio days..

I have been a NA sponsor..been to many meetings.
Never met a single person addicted to weed. In fact most of the people I sponsored , some homeless, some in half way..others..never would "waste" money on weed.. It was H or Meth that was the addiction..if they smoked a joint it was occasional..

10 years of that
Yes, there is something to be said for the new stuff! Back in the 80s, I smoked about an oz a month. Now, two 4 gram containers gets me a month and a half!

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember a 'lid' in the 70's and how quick it would go...

The stuff they've bred over the years to get to now, you fire up a Kool 100 size and you'll be in the floor mumbling and shit...

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score